Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Close to the Edge One of the best versions I have ever heard by the Band Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    So Richie's a professional musician himself, who plays metal for a living but prog for fun. This explains things. I'd figured he was a lawyer or plumber who just did music as a hobby, and happened to be very good at it.
    Me too at first. But after I saw that he was in BÖC I understood how he is connected to Ron Thal (Bumblefoot), who has also sat in on some of their sessions.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

One thing that is common about Yes, is that it is hard to replace Jon's unique singing voice, style and vibration. I think the young lady does as great job, and although others can't get into what she does, I think she delivers really well. Replacing JA is impossible, but she does a great job singing these Yes tunes, I think. Everyone who has tried to replace Jon has to deal with intense scrutiny, no matter how close to him or similar they sound. It's a tough crowd that pays exquisite attention to detail. I love the music, and respect the originators tremendously, but when the tunes above are played with this much attention to detail, talent, energy, joy, and love, I say thank you, I'll have some more please. I also should note, they may go by Band Geek and not Band Geeks. Thanks for others, who have picked out and identified who these people are. Makes me want to check out the new Kansas.

Yes, she has an excellent voice. And it doesn't sound squeaky or Minnie Mouse-ish to me at all.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

First off: WELL DONE by all players..."Steve Howe" was done better than anyone I've ever heard. "Wakeman" was tremendous...and yeah the organ solo in the final 3rd of the song was scary-good.

The voice was OK. tone is a bit nasal-y but she sang with conviction...….at some angles, she looked like a 1980's Geddy Lee with those over-sized glasses on.....made me laugh.

These guys are super-good.
    G.A.S -aholic

This is what Yes should sound like. They've passed the audition, give them the job

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    This is what Yes should sound like. They've passed the audition, give them the job

G.A.S -aholic