Thread: Nektar - Sunday @Roundhouse (Cleopatra LP)

Nektar - Sunday @Roundhouse (Cleopatra LP)

Purchased the newly issued record on Purple Vinyl. Absolute garbage pressing. Check the the tracklists. What a ripoff. I've noticed other pressings from Cleopatra like the Live Utopia on colored vinyl omit tracks. Anyone have issues with this label before???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That first Nektar track list is from the original live release, which was not all from the Roundhouse, as you've obviously discovered. The second list is from the remaster from Eclectic. When they were doing the remaster, they found the original tapes and released the entire show.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Their sublabel Purple Pyramid put some really frelled up stuff back in the 90's. They reissued three different Brainticket albums that were all a debacle. Celestial Ocean had pauses in between each of the tracks, as if it was a CD-R that was burned "Track At Once" instead of "Disc at once", with the first two tracks appearing twice. The tapes for Adventure and...whatever the other was, I forget the title, got swapped so that when you bought one album, you were actually getting the other, and vice versa.

I recall they issued Steve Howe's Mothballs compilation Stateside, and managed to leave out a couple songs that were on the import edition, yet the songs were listed on the back cover.

I remember trying to e-mail the label, and either not being able to find a website or e-mail address, or when I did e-mail, they never responded. So after awhile, I started boycotting anything with the Purple Pyramid logo on it.
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 07-24-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Cleopatra has a rep for dodgy, careless releases. Most of the ones I have are Goth, and were found in the used bins and purchased cheap.

I also recall Doug Walker telling me that none of the bands that contributed to a King Crimson tribute album back in the late 90's ever got paid for their efforts.

My post count is a song by City Boy, but now I've gone and ruined it! Aaargh!

Not the best label in the world, indeed. But in this case you just take an LP like the original version: https://www.discogs.com/Nektar-Sunda...release/753080

So, I don't think you were fooled or the company acted in bad faith.

To cover all the tracks released on the Remastered 2CD version it would be 3LP.