Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Domenico Solazzo - the return - new project: Kino

  1. #1
    That's Mr. to you, Sir!! Trane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    3,330

    Domenico Solazzo - the return - new project: Kino

    After 10 years' silence and the end of the PaNoPTiCoN project and his Dead End album that ensued, my buddy Domenico Solazzo is returning with his new album Kino, which is available under a USB key (see pictures below)

    solazzo-kino-b.jpgsolazzo-kino.jpg

    https://domenicosolazzo.bandcamp.com/releases

    full discography here:
    https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/domenico-solazzo

    clips:




    I had lunch with him last Thursday and he told me he refused an offer from Off records to press a vinyl (as usual, he doesn't believe enough in himself) and also told me that Steve from Cuneiform also contacted him (he was quite flattered).


    Soooo, I bought his USB album and I'm discovering the media, but so far only on my computers (my hi-fi chains are not equipped), and this actually holds many possibilities for extra bonus stuff
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

  2. #2
    sounds promising

  3. #3
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,833
    What do you mean USB? It comes on a thumb drive?
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  4. #4
    That's Mr. to you, Sir!! Trane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What do you mean USB? It comes on a thumb drive?
    no idea what a thumb drive is, but I made some pictures
    IMG_1248.JPGIMG_1249.JPGIMG_1250.JPG


    on it you'll find (sorry in French)

    * l'album aux formats .aac, .flac, .mp3, .ogg et .wav >> different formats of music

    * un dossier comprenant le nécessaire pour confectionner la version cd >> pdf files in case you want to create your own CD

    * des revues de presse, des interviews, des photos, les paroles de l'album >> press reviews, photos and lyric sheets

    * le clip vidéo de "The Inward Sacred"

    * le clip vidéo de "Just Another Fix" (inédit)

    * la version instrumentale de l'album >> Instrumental version of the album (doesn't say in which format)

    * la compilation exclusive "Finora" s'attardant sur mes précédents disques >> a compilation leafing through his discography

    * une interview filmée où je commente ma discographie >> his filmed interview over his past albums (not including his PaNoPTiCoN project).

    * enfin, un code d'accès unique propre à chaque clef qu'il vous suffira de me renvoyer pour que je puisse écrire un titre juste pour vous ! >> unique access code that you can send him so he write a track for you
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    no idea what a thumb drive is, but I made some pictures
    IMG_1248.JPGIMG_1249.JPGIMG_1250.JPG
    Small USB drives are sometimes colloquially referred to as "thumb drives".

  6. #6
    That's Mr. to you, Sir!! Trane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Small USB drives are sometimes colloquially referred to as "thumb drives".
    Ok, thanks
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

  7. #7
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    After 10 years' silence and the end of the PaNoPTiCoN project and his Dead End album that ensued, my buddy Domenico Solazzo is returning with his new album Kino, which is available under a USB key (see pictures below)

    solazzo-kino-b.jpgsolazzo-kino.jpg

    https://domenicosolazzo.bandcamp.com/releases

    full discography here:
    https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/domenico-solazzo

    clips:




    Soooo, I bought his USB album and I'm discovering the media, but so far only on my computers (my hi-fi chains are not equipped), and this actually holds many possibilities for extra bonus stuff
    Is there some reason you can't burn a cd from the USB files since it's loaded on your computer?
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

  8. #8
    Apparently that’s because he’s chained to his hi-fi system...

  9. #9
    That's Mr. to you, Sir!! Trane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Is there some reason you can't burn a cd from the USB files since it's loaded on your computer?
    not sure where you're getting at

    He gives you all the tools to create one (including printable artworks) using whatever .aac, .flac, .mp3, .ogg et .wav formats you want to burn your CD-r

    I'm still struggling with the thumbnail, TBH - it's the first time I'm dealing with anything of the sort.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

  10. #10
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    not sure where you're getting at

    He gives you all the tools to create one (including printable artworks) using whatever .aac, .flac, .mp3, .ogg et .wav formats you want to burn your CD-r

    I'm still struggling with the thumbnail, TBH - it's the first time I'm dealing with anything of the sort.
    You had referenced not being able to listen to the album on your hi fi stereo, but I assume you have a cd player or dvd player that plays burned cds.
    You should have cd burning software on your computer, if not there are free ones available for download.
    The cd software will ask for a source to burn and usually browse or something similar. Search for the name of usb you're using, look for the folder which contains the album. Click on the folder and the songs should appear. Click on it and then it will load into the cd burn software and burn the cd. Of course you need a blank cd and choose audio when burning, not DATA!!

    Hopefully someone else will add to my poor description of how to burn the cd.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

  11. #11
    That's Mr. to you, Sir!! Trane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    3,330
    new video

    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •