Thread: Black Country Communion

Black Country Communion

Well, I knew they existed and who is in the band but I never took the time to listen. This was a nice surprise as I heard the first album this weekend and found they have three others. I really like what they are doing so if the fans here can tell me which are the better albums. Thanks.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Hello Staun!
    This dvd from 2011 was a “recurring view” 4-5 years ago when we get together for some music and spirits:
    https://youtu.be/P9_92kJsRK0

Good Call!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Big fan here. I have all 4 of their studio albums and the live one. All are worth owning. Of the 4 studio I think the 3rd one is probably the weakest, but they are all good. I would love to have the chance to see them live sometime, but with Bonamassa's touring schedule (the other guys are all really busy too), I doubt that is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Hello Staun!
    This dvd from 2011 was a “recurring view” 4-5 years ago when we get together for some music and spirits:
    https://youtu.be/P9_92kJsRK0

Good Call!
    TCC, Watched it last night, impressive. Glen is amazing and Joe just smokes. Late to the party but I finally made it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Big fan here. I have all 4 of their studio albums and the live one. All are worth owning. Of the 4 studio I think the 3rd one is probably the weakest, but they are all good. I would love to have the chance to see them live sometime, but with Bonamassa's touring schedule (the other guys are all really busy too), I doubt that is going to happen.
    Steve, like you, I'll wind up with all of them. To be honest, I could certainly use more bands like this. Would be very happy for any suggestions you may have. Thanks.

Have the first 3 albums. I lost interest after Joe and Glenn had their falling out (which has been resolved).

Favorites are albums 1 and 3. Second album has a few good songs but for whatever reason doesn't do much for me overall. Listened to some of the 4th on YT and it just didn't resonate. Maybe I'm burnt out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Have the first 3 albums. I lost interest after Joe and Glenn had their falling out (which has been resolved).

Favorites are albums 1 and 3. Second album has a few good songs but for whatever reason doesn't do much for me overall. Listened to some of the 4th on YT and it just didn't resonate. Maybe I'm burnt out on them.
    What were the problems they were having? I find a new band to like and already, they are fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    What were the problems they were having? I find a new band to like and already, they are fighting.
    It had something to do with Joe Bonamassa unable to commit to touring, or something, and Glenn kind of bullying him. The beef is over though. They have a fine band. Would love to see them if they ever tour the U.S.

It had something to do with Joe Bonamassa unable to commit to touring, or something, and Glenn kind of bullying him. The beef is over though. They have a fine band. Would love to see them if they ever tour the U.S.
    Glenn should know that Joe is in demand but at the same time, if your in a band, touring is a normal thing. Glenn has been all over the world many times and should be a little more sympathetic. Maybe Glenn is just trying to make the most out of this opportunity because as you said, they have a fine band.

Steve, like you, I'll wind up with all of them. To be honest, I could certainly use more bands like this. Would be very happy for any suggestions you may have. Thanks.
    BCC are kind of their own entity so not sure who sound like them. Rival Sons maybe? They do classic style rock. They don't have a guitar player like Bonamassa, but are really good at what they do.

My impression was that Glenn really wanted this to be more of a full time thing, and for Joe it was always going to be a side project. They seemed to have mended fences now though, so it appears to be all good.

BCC are kind of their own entity so not sure who sound like them. Rival Sons maybe? They do classic style rock. They don't have a guitar player like Bonamassa, but are really good at what they do.
    Steve, took a run at RS last night. Not bad but I've never liked that chorus male singing thing like they did in the 80's with the hair bands. You know, I have the classic things, LZ and BS, but not much from the last ten years or so. Just looking for some good crank it up sounds.

Steve, took a run at RS last night. Not bad but I've never liked that chorus male singing thing like they did in the 80's with the hair bands. You know, I have the classic things, LZ and BS, but not much from the last ten years or so. Just looking for some good crank it up sounds.
    I assume you are familiar with Bonamassa and Hughes solo stuff?

I assume you are familiar with Bonamassa and Hughes solo stuff?
    I am indeed and like them very much but I do agree with you that BCC is it's own beast. Great stuff.

Steve, how does, Cage The Gods, strike you?

I did not realize that there was a live album. I might have to check that out. Are the keys still buried in the mix like on the debut album?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I did not realize that there was a live album. I might have to check that out. Are the keys still buried in the mix like on the debut album?
    No, in later camples the boards do come out. I think early, he didn't want to rely so much on what he had. I admit to finding them late but I can't say enough about them. Just what I want to hear right now.

Steve, how does, Cage The Gods, strike you?
    Not a band that i am familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yup, "Live Over Europe" is a two CD / DVD set. You can also get the CD separate from the DVD. It is really good and Derek does get to shine quite a bit on it.

Been binging on Joe's YouTube channel...joebonamassaTV. His interviews are great. He interviews mostly musicians, from all genres. Recommended. I found a new, YT rabbit hole.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Been binging on Joe's YouTube channel...joebonamassaTV. His interviews are great. He interviews mostly musicians, from all genres. Recommended. I found a new, YT rabbit hole.
    Did he start doing that after Covid-19 invaded planet Earth? I'll have to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did he start doing that after Covid-19 invaded planet Earth? I'll have to take a look.
    I think he started it in 2019, pre-covid, but he's been posting a lot of content because he's not touring obviously. It's worth a look. I've watched about 15-20 interviews. A few guests were Scott Ian, Dion Demucci, Tommy Emmanuel, Paul Stanley, etc. This could be a second career for Joe.

Agree, he does a nice job with the interviews. Joe also appears on Alice Cooper's new album that comes out next week.