Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Black Country Communion

  1. #1
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253

    Black Country Communion

    Well, I knew they existed and who is in the band but I never took the time to listen. This was a nice surprise as I heard the first album this weekend and found they have three others. I really like what they are doing so if the fans here can tell me which are the better albums. Thanks.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  2. #2
    Casanova TCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,515
    Hello Staun!
    This dvd from 2011 was a “recurring view” 4-5 years ago when we get together for some music and spirits:
    https://youtu.be/P9_92kJsRK0

    Good Call!
    Pura Vida!.

    There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,319
    Big fan here. I have all 4 of their studio albums and the live one. All are worth owning. Of the 4 studio I think the 3rd one is probably the weakest, but they are all good. I would love to have the chance to see them live sometime, but with Bonamassa's touring schedule (the other guys are all really busy too), I doubt that is going to happen.

  4. #4
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Hello Staun!
    This dvd from 2011 was a “recurring view” 4-5 years ago when we get together for some music and spirits:
    https://youtu.be/P9_92kJsRK0

    Good Call!
    TCC, Watched it last night, impressive. Glen is amazing and Joe just smokes. Late to the party but I finally made it.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  5. #5
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Big fan here. I have all 4 of their studio albums and the live one. All are worth owning. Of the 4 studio I think the 3rd one is probably the weakest, but they are all good. I would love to have the chance to see them live sometime, but with Bonamassa's touring schedule (the other guys are all really busy too), I doubt that is going to happen.
    Steve, like you, I'll wind up with all of them. To be honest, I could certainly use more bands like this. Would be very happy for any suggestions you may have. Thanks.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  6. #6
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    3,665
    Have the first 3 albums. I lost interest after Joe and Glenn had their falling out (which has been resolved).

    Favorites are albums 1 and 3. Second album has a few good songs but for whatever reason doesn't do much for me overall. Listened to some of the 4th on YT and it just didn't resonate. Maybe I'm burnt out on them.

  7. #7
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Have the first 3 albums. I lost interest after Joe and Glenn had their falling out (which has been resolved).

    Favorites are albums 1 and 3. Second album has a few good songs but for whatever reason doesn't do much for me overall. Listened to some of the 4th on YT and it just didn't resonate. Maybe I'm burnt out on them.
    What were the problems they were having? I find a new band to like and already, they are fighting.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  8. #8
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    What were the problems they were having? I find a new band to like and already, they are fighting.
    It had something to do with Joe Bonamassa unable to commit to touring, or something, and Glenn kind of bullying him. The beef is over though. They have a fine band. Would love to see them if they ever tour the U.S.

  9. #9
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    It had something to do with Joe Bonamassa unable to commit to touring, or something, and Glenn kind of bullying him. The beef is over though. They have a fine band. Would love to see them if they ever tour the U.S.
    Glenn should know that Joe is in demand but at the same time, if your in a band, touring is a normal thing. Glenn has been all over the world many times and should be a little more sympathetic. Maybe Glenn is just trying to make the most out of this opportunity because as you said, they have a fine band.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Steve, like you, I'll wind up with all of them. To be honest, I could certainly use more bands like this. Would be very happy for any suggestions you may have. Thanks.
    BCC are kind of their own entity so not sure who sound like them. Rival Sons maybe? They do classic style rock. They don't have a guitar player like Bonamassa, but are really good at what they do.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    It had something to do with Joe Bonamassa unable to commit to touring, or something, and Glenn kind of bullying him. The beef is over though. They have a fine band. Would love to see them if they ever tour the U.S.
    My impression was that Glenn really wanted this to be more of a full time thing, and for Joe it was always going to be a side project. They seemed to have mended fences now though, so it appears to be all good.

  12. #12
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    BCC are kind of their own entity so not sure who sound like them. Rival Sons maybe? They do classic style rock. They don't have a guitar player like Bonamassa, but are really good at what they do.
    Steve, took a run at RS last night. Not bad but I've never liked that chorus male singing thing like they did in the 80's with the hair bands. You know, I have the classic things, LZ and BS, but not much from the last ten years or so. Just looking for some good crank it up sounds.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Steve, took a run at RS last night. Not bad but I've never liked that chorus male singing thing like they did in the 80's with the hair bands. You know, I have the classic things, LZ and BS, but not much from the last ten years or so. Just looking for some good crank it up sounds.
    I assume you are familiar with Bonamassa and Hughes solo stuff?

  14. #14
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I assume you are familiar with Bonamassa and Hughes solo stuff?
    I am indeed and like them very much but I do agree with you that BCC is it's own beast. Great stuff.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  15. #15
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Steve, how does, Cage The Gods, strike you?
    The older I get, the better I was.

  16. #16
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    3,531
    I did not realize that there was a live album. I might have to check that out. Are the keys still buried in the mix like on the debut album?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  17. #17
    Member Staun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I did not realize that there was a live album. I might have to check that out. Are the keys still buried in the mix like on the debut album?
    No, in later camples the boards do come out. I think early, he didn't want to rely so much on what he had. I admit to finding them late but I can't say enough about them. Just what I want to hear right now.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Steve, how does, Cage The Gods, strike you?
    Not a band that i am familiar with.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I did not realize that there was a live album. I might have to check that out. Are the keys still buried in the mix like on the debut album?
    Yup, "Live Over Europe" is a two CD / DVD set. You can also get the CD separate from the DVD. It is really good and Derek does get to shine quite a bit on it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •