Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stranger Things Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I thought you were talking about the actual kids in the show, like Mike, Will, Lucas, and Dustin.
    And El.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    He might, but he was a stage actor for years before Stranger Things came about. I'm not worried for him.
    I keep thinking of the actor who played Hurley in "Lost". That guy will never not be Hurley. It just ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I keep thinking of the actor who played Hurley in "Lost". That guy will never not be Hurley. It just ain't gonna happen.
    Apples and oranges, if you ask me. Totally different set of circumstances.

Watched a theory video suggesting that the mind flayer might be 001. Which could explain why the upside-down reflects the real world, and why it has a connection to Eleven and the laboratory. Brenner might have lost 001, and started to put together what might have happened to him/her after Eleven opened the doorway.

I'd be okay with it developing somewhat like that.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Finished season 3 today. A little weird that it ends with music from the future (for the characters), especially if they do season 4.

Kind of weird that Billy and Max’s parents were shown so little (and Mike and Nancy’s) when the kids are gone for so long.

Billy’s mustache was disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'm 48 and thought season 3 was fantastic though I am quite childish . I found it to be as thrilling as season 1 (which I loved) and miles better than season 2 (which I thought was ok), but with some added humor that worked for me. I'll definitely admit that a major draw is the time period. I find it entertaining as hell.
    You nailed it Klonk! (except I'm 58)
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Same here (just turned 59) I would be interested to know how kids/teenagers today see this show, seen that they don't have the nostalgia factor. Do they appreciate the retro factor nevertheless? Anyone looked this show with his/her kids?
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    Same here (just turned 59) I would be interested to know how kids/teenagers today see this show, seen that they don't have the nostalgia factor. Do they appreciate the retro factor nevertheless? Anyone looked this show with his/her kids?
    I have 5 neices who are 12, 17, 18, 21 and 23...they all absolutely love the show. I've started it a second time with the 12 year old and the retro thing doesn't even really come into play other than a few laughs about the phones, clothes and such. She loves the music.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post

it's just a number man!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I have a 21 year old and a 28 year old. They love the show. I would analogize their relationship to the setting (time and place) to my feelings about the world in 1967-1970 or so--I was born in 1966, so don't really recall those years, but I have a sense of that time period and a fascination with it. My kids feel the same way about the 1980's.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

My niece is 14 and nephew a sophomore in college. They fell for the show when it started a few years back. My niece is a serious superfan, and still has a crush on Mike.

80s styles and designs, and entertainment, have been coming back into vogue the last several years, so kids are pretty hip to it.

We gave my niece a cassette radio just like the pink one in the show a couple of Christmases back. It does also have bluetooth so she can stream through it, but she loves the thing. Even has a few tapes to play in it.

I have quite a few younger people who work with me that are really into it, but were either very young or not even born in the 80's. It is kind of similar what "Happy Days" was to my generation.