Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: JETHRO TULL - Stormwatch - 40th anniversary Force 10 Edition October 11th

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    No, A has never been remixed, it was issued in 2004 as a remaster in a 2-disc jewel case with the Slipstream DVD as a bonus.
    What I mean is, maybe they think that was enough, and aren't releasing A as one in this series.

According to some interviews that Ian gave to a German Magazine, Steven is not interested in doing the later Albums because
    he simply does not really know them very well.

Further he said that the whole thing will end with Crest as there ain't anything to enhance the Albums beyond this one.

I had the Impression that the next one would be Broadsword, as this one was mentioned several times and "A" wasn't mentioned
    att all.

I found this preorder for a good price with low shipping from badlandsuk on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What I mean is, maybe they think that was enough, and aren't releasing A as one in this series.
    Ahh, I see... perhaps, but I hope not. I love A, and I'd like to see a nice book edition with a live show and any new songs that might magically appear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    According to some interviews that Ian gave to a German Magazine, Steven is not interested in doing the later Albums because
    he simply does not really know them very well.

Further he said that the whole thing will end with Crest as there ain't anything to enhance the Albums beyond this one.

I had the Impression that the next one would be Broadsword, as this one was mentioned several times and "A" wasn't mentioned
    att all.
    I assume SW is done with the Tull series now, but I also assume that means someone else will take the reins, since it would be silly to stop producing something that has proven to be so popular. It would only make sense IMO that A would be next, especially since it's the 40th anniversary next year, but then Ian has always seemed to really like Broadsword and rarely mentions A, so who knows if he might decide to skip it - and whoever is behind the controls may not be able to convince him otherwise (or care to) the way SW did with A Passion Play.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Ahh, I see... perhaps, but I hope not. I love A, and I'd like to see a nice book edition with a live show and any new songs that might magically appear.
    There is at least a one off show (apart from the Slipstream stuff) of a Lineup feat. Jobson from '85 (so 5 years later) done by JT for German TV
    at a J.S. Bach's 300Th Birthday Festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvHCYD5tiyY

There is at least a one off show (apart from the Slipstream stuff) of a Lineup feat. Jobson from '85 (so 5 years later) done by JT for German TV
    at a J.S. Bach's 300Th Birthday Festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvHCYD5tiyY
    Yes, but I would hope for a full show from the A tour that has never been officially released.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yes, but I would hope for a full show from the A tour that has never been officially released.
    Yes that would be great, any known recordings from that tour?

Yes that would be great, any known recordings from that tour?
    Yes, I used to have several on cassette back in the old days. A good one from Germany if I recall, and another from L.A. - it was a good tour.

Yes, I used to have several on cassette back in the old days. A good one from Germany if I recall, and another from L.A. - it was a good tour.
    There were two shows in L.A. I was at the first one, and can confirm that it was being videotaped, but I've read that all the live footage used for Slipstream came from the second night. It would be amusing if they would release the first night's version of "Heavy Horses," which broke down after the instrumental intro section when Ian's guitar didn't work. (Not holding my breath for that!)
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Fwiw, an ebay seller has the 50th Anniversary This Was on sale for 38 bucks and change with free shipping. Those sale prices don't last, so if you're interested, be quick.

Today's the Day......Anyone get their copy on release day?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

My receipt from Burning Shed shows the release date as the 18th.

Release date is Oct 18th....nice tease

Sorry 'bout that. When I ordered from BS, the release date was 10/11/19.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Anyone who ordered from BS see a shipping notice yet? I fear it may not be here on time.

Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    Anyone who ordered from BS see a shipping notice yet? I fear it may not be here on time.
    It hasn’t been released yet. 10/18 is the current release date.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It hasn’t been released yet. 10/18 is the current release date.
    I ordered from Amazon UK and the release date has been changed to November 15th. Not sure if it is just them or it has actually been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesonrules65 View Post
    I ordered from Amazon UK and the release date has been changed to November 15th. Not sure if it is just them or it has actually been changed.
    Clamazon USA still says 18 Oktober.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

My Amazon UK delivery date has changed to November 25. WTH.

It's already available on Wayside Music.

An Omen? As I was reading this I got shipping confirmation from ImportCDs.
    Price was $36.59

And I want A and Broadsword in 5.1!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Thanks. Just cancelled Amazon and ordered from ImportCDs.

Hmm.. just got a shippment confirmation from Amazon Germany so it might arrive today

This one is all over the place. It seems it's been spread too thinly among some of the distributors, with pre-order demand higher than expected. Amazon fulfilled some pre-orders, but others have been left in limbo with no shipping notice. Amazon Canada now says it's out of stock (after listing it at various inflated prices - at one point $143, currently $79 but out of stock). Amazon UK have pushed it back to November 15th. Amazon France, Germany, Italy all list October 18th as release date and some orders have shipped. October 18th also from Walmart, Barnes And Noble and Burning Shed, but we shall see if 100% of those orders ship.

Meanwhile, I think the best bet for anyone in the U.S. right now is Steve or Ken. They've both got it in stock. If you see people complaining on social media about theirs not shipping, point them to one of those options, I say.

Just received this from Burning Shed.

Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition)

We are sorry to say that due to a mistake by Warners there was not enough stock left to supply all of the UK and Irish independent shops who wanted copies.

(To be clear, we placed our order with Warners four weeks in advance so they were aware how many copies we needed. Normally, these arrive about a week ahead of the release date so that we can start packing).

As a result of the error, the UK/Ireland release date has been put back to 15th November 2019 while they make some more copies. The 18th October remains as release date for everywhere else outside UK/Ireland.

We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate that this will be very frustrating for you, especially as the majority of you are outside the UK and Ireland.

All we can do is ask for your patience. You will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

By way of an apology we will be including an extra, exclusive Jethro Tull gift in your order.

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
    support@burningshed.com