Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 302

Thread: JETHRO TULL - Stormwatch - 40th anniversary Force 10 Edition October 11th

  1. #276
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,632
    I confessed to my crime 5 days ago.

  2. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    Photo trickery in #257 makes Benefit appear the same size as the others (I think).
    Is it also photo trickery that has them in the WRONG ORDER???!!!

  3. #278
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I confessed to my crime 5 days ago.
    Ah! So you did. I will bring it before the PE elders who will decide your fate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Is it also photo trickery that has them in the WRONG ORDER???!!!
    Well, not really. Flip the photo right side-up and they will be in the correct order. :P At least they aren't out of order, as with a photo I saw on Facebook yesterday. I really wanted to ask the guy how he could stand to have them like that, but I resisted.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  4. #279
    (aka timmybass69) timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    central Texas
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I confessed to my crime 5 days ago.
    I shouldn't have tossed gasoline on the fire, either.
    Honestly, I knew what you had done but chose to share my desire to have the entire set in book form.
    Oof
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

  5. #280
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Ah! So you did. I will bring it before the PE elders who will decide your fate.
    I shall remand myself at once to the Castle Anthrax wherein Dingo and the other seven maidens await.

  6. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I shall remand myself at once to the Castle Anthrax wherein Dingo and the other seven maidens await.
    Oh no no no, you don't get off that easily. Your fate is to mediate between all the different Yes factions and bring them to an amicable agreement, and then oversee the production of a new album that will meet with the approval of all on PE.

  7. #282
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Oh no no no, you don't get off that easily. Your fate is to mediate between all the different Yes factions and bring them to an amicable agreement, and then oversee the production of a new album that will meet with the approval of all on PE.
    I don't know, man, that's awfully harsh sentencing.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  8. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't know, man, that's awfully harsh sentencing.
    Hey, I'm not the one with the box sets in the wrong order.

  9. #284
    Was nice to finally get it. Too many goodies. Orion in full is Tull at their best. Apocalypse I’m loving. All the songs sound great

  10. #285
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Hey, I'm not the one with the box sets in the wrong order.
    I know, but can't we start smaller with the punishment, like maybe being horsewhipped in public? I'm just spitballing.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  11. #286
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,632
    I pleaded guilty, so I should get a light sentence.

  12. #287
    OK, trial by jury it is. Where can we get 12 good men and true?

  13. #288
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Where can we get 12 good men and true?
    Next year's lineup of King Crimson.
    Crappy old album that you wouldn't want to listen to anyway THE HIPCRIME VOCAB available now!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    "Ide o zmes prog rocku, cosmic music, electronic music a classical music. Prekvapivá a dosť divoká hudobná jazda je vo výslednom efekte znamenitá." - Martin Slávik

  14. #289
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    8,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Next year's lineup of King Crimson.
    I'll see that and raise you with another Yes Union project.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  15. #290
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'll see that and raise you with another Yes Union project.
    Ouch...what a shock to the system....
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

    "And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

  16. #291
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,632

  17. #292
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,776
    Finally got this. Disc 2 is killer, and the main album sounds excellent - a definite improvement imo.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

    "And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

  18. #293
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    10,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Dude made his own box to house Benefit so that it would match the rest of these editions. LOL! Actually, I'd to it too if I wasn't so lazy. I'm sure Gruno would do a much better job than this guy did though!

    What brought me to this thread is that - and I know this is shocking! - I JUST cracked open my copy of this Stormwatch reissues last night. I was waiting for the perfect time I guess - a time when the world was ravaged by a different kind of storm. Anyway, it's an excellent reissue, obviously. The disk of related tracks is great, as are the notes about all the songs, and the live show is fantastic! I wish I could have seen Tull on this tour. It's nice how much time they devoted to the album up front, and the selections are thoughtfully arranged. It's interesting how Palmer was treated (rightfully) as a full member of the band for this album and tour (appearing in the promo photos and all).

    The content in the Marillion deluxe editions is pretty good, but I wish it was at the same level as these Tull reissues. I wish every band I really liked had deluxe editions like these!

    I'm surprised to see Stormwatch 40th is still for sale at retail-type prices! I ended up with an extra copy because of an F-up on my part, so I'm waiting for it to become rare so I can sell it at a profit.

  19. #294
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Dude made his own box to house Benefit so that it would match the rest of these editions. LOL! Actually, I'd to it too if I wasn't so lazy. I'm sure Gruno would do a much better job than this guy did though!

    What brought me to this thread is that - and I know this is shocking! - I JUST cracked open my copy of this Stormwatch reissues last night. I was waiting for the perfect time I guess - a time when the world was ravaged by a different kind of storm. Anyway, it's an excellent reissue, obviously. The disk of related tracks is great, as are the notes about all the songs, and the live show is fantastic! I wish I could have seen Tull on this tour. It's nice how much time they devoted to the album up front, and the selections are thoughtfully arranged. It's interesting how Palmer was treated (rightfully) as a full member of the band for this album and tour (appearing in the promo photos and all).

    The content in the Marillion deluxe editions is pretty good, but I wish it was at the same level as these Tull reissues. I wish every band I really liked had deluxe editions like these!

    I'm surprised to see Stormwatch 40th is still for sale at retail-type prices! I ended up with an extra copy because of an F-up on my part, so I'm waiting for it to become rare so I can sell it at a profit.
    I'm still waiting to crack mine open and I also wound up with an extra copy!

  20. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's interesting how Palmer was treated (rightfully) as a full member of the band for this album and tour (appearing in the promo photos and all).
    Palmer was a full member starting with Songs From The Wood.

    Coincidentally, I also just got this Stormwatch box.

  21. #296
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    4,709
    Still waiting for prices to come down on other OOP boxes
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  22. #297
    Member StarThrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    857
    I bought the single disc re-mix of ...Wood, and the concert is on YouTube so I'm happy. The CD sounds very good, includes bonus tracks, and it comes with a great booklet.

  23. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by StarThrower View Post
    I bought the single disc re-mix of ...Wood, and the concert is on YouTube so I'm happy. The CD sounds very good, includes bonus tracks, and it comes with a great booklet.
    I think there are single-CD editions of all of the SW remixes with most of the liner notes from the boxes. The Stormwatch single CD is missing some great stuff though (long "Orion").

  24. #299
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by StarThrower View Post
    I bought the single disc re-mix of ...Wood, and the concert is on YouTube so I'm happy. The CD sounds very good, includes bonus tracks, and it comes with a great booklet.
    I also settled for this (I also got I guess a bootleg performance of the maryland show that some of the live show came from). I'm very glad it has the bonus tracks, unlike the single disc of Warchild (which is now the last remaining box I still need).
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  25. #300
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    10,489
    Here's a question for you anal-retentive types: If you have a CD where the type on the spine reads from bottom to top when it's stood upright on the shelf, do you store it "upside down" so that the spine reads from top to bottom as it normally should? Personally I place the importance on having all the front covers facing the same way, even if some spines read from bottom to top, and some read from bottom to top.

    Actually, I'm not really the anal-retentive type, because most of my CDs are now randomly in boxes, with different bands' albums scattered all over in various boxes.

    And do you prefer words with woody sounds or tinny sounds? L)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •