Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: JETHRO TULL - Stormwatch - 40th anniversary Force 10 Edition October 11th

Quote Originally Posted by PROGMONSTER View Post
    Hey progatron, can’t wait for this set. Just wondering what you think of the new tracks compared to the new Horses tracks. Horses is the only one that wasn’t full of strong extras I thought. I guess if Jackalynn and Hoeing were removed it would have made the set of extras less thin in quality. I really like the 2 botanic and hard times tracks. Beltane, Everything, Quatrain are reasonably good but slightly unfinished sounding
    I think I probably prefer these new Stormwatch tracks to the new ones that appeared on the Heavy Horses set. I like those, but it's a bit easier to see why some of them were left off than it is in this case.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I think I probably prefer these new Stormwatch tracks to the new ones that appeared on the Heavy Horses set. I like those, but it's a bit easier to see why some of them were left off than it is in this case.
    Good to hear lol. I already know 2/3 of the Stormwatch extras and they’re awesome. I’m expecting a ripper double album. Should be the best of the remixes so far. 71 and 74 were excellent years for extra tracks but 79 might be the winner

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'll just get it from Amazon US but it is an auto-buy (still regretting that I didn't get SFTW)
    Ditto here. After how quickly SFTW disappeared I'll be sure to get it quite quickly after it's released.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Nice. Now I know who you are! (You'll wake up and find me fondling your prog collection!)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Nice. Now I know who you are! (You'll wake up and find me fondling your prog collection!)
    Well, as long as that's all you're fondling.

Excellent review, thanks. I'm more determined than ever to add this to my collection of those boxes (so far only missing "Too Old to Rock'n'Roll...").
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Excellent review, thanks. I'm more determined than ever to add this to my collection of those boxes (so far only missing "Too Old to Rock'n'Roll...").
    Thank you!

This just popped up on YT a couple of days ago, from late in the HH tour. Less than a month before Glascock's last show.

This just popped up on YT a couple of days ago, from late in the HH tour. Less than a month before Glascock's last show.
    love that one!!!

I would also have liked a listenable Version of this one:

Nice!!! Shame they didn't put this on the SW set as a DVD extra. But it is great to have in any form. Finds like this is very exciting for me. Like we are archeologists and someone has found a new artifact.

Otherwise I think the only video from the SW era is the Ohne Maulkorb show which is great for about the first half but then becomes less and less listenable.

Now if only someone could find the entire LA Sports Arena film from the A tour

Currently listed on Amazon Canada for $141.82 - and currently unavailable to order on Amazon dot com. Hmmm...

Currently listed on Amazon Canada for $141.82 - and currently unavailable to order on Amazon dot com. Hmmm...
    Glad I have my order in at Amazon UK for only $37US

BTW in case anyone is wondering what this beauty looks like on the shelf with the others...

stormbox 4.jpg

BTW in case anyone is wondering what this beauty looks like on the shelf with the others...

stormbox 4.jpg
    But it just makes me sad to see "Benefit" missing.

My pre-ordered copy on Amazon.ca is locked in at 49.58 Can$. It's kind of crazy that its 141.82 right now...

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    But it just makes me sad to see "Benefit" missing.
    I've long said that I don't think they'll ever bother converting that one to 'book' format, but lately I've been wondering if I'm maybe wrong about that. But who knows? They'd have to determine if it would be worth reissuing again, since it's not one of the bigger selling titles, it's not a favourite of IA's, and there are people who bought the first edition who won't bother shelling out for a new one just so that it matches the others on the shelf. However with the right extra material and a nice, juicy booklet...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    My pre-ordered copy on Amazon.ca is locked in at 49.58 Can$. It's kind of crazy that its 141.82 right now...
    It was $65 the last I saw a few days ago. I'm not sure what's going on! It's not a marketplace seller price either, it's Amazon's...

So I posted photos of my Stormwatch box when it arrived, and someone on FB asked if I could please upload .PDFs of the booklet, because he's "very interested in reading it". Oh sure, let me just scan 96 pages of yet-to-be-released, copyrighted material that was sent to me in good faith, and upload it to social media so that thousands of strangers can have it for free. People astound me.

stormbox 4.jpg
    Still another 3-4 weeks for mine to arrive lol. I’m sure there will be a 50th book version of Benefit next year

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I would also have liked a listenable Version of this one:

Have they got studio recordings of this material?

Quote Originally Posted by PROGMONSTER View Post
    Have they got studio recordings of this material?
    Sadly don't think so

I've long said that I don't think they'll ever bother converting that one to 'book' format, but lately I've been wondering if I'm maybe wrong about that. But who knows? They'd have to determine if it would be worth reissuing again, since it's not one of the bigger selling titles, it's not a favourite of IA's, and there are people who bought the first edition who won't bother shelling out for a new one just so that it matches the others on the shelf. However with the right extra material and a nice, juicy booklet...

It was $65 the last I saw a few days ago. I'm not sure what's going on! It's not a marketplace seller price either, it's Amazon's...

So I posted photos of my Stormwatch box when it arrived, and someone on FB asked if I could please upload .PDFs of the booklet, because he's "very interested in reading it". Oh sure, let me just scan 96 pages of yet-to-be-released, copyrighted material that was sent to me in good faith, and upload it to social media so that thousands of strangers can have it for free. People astound me.
    Huh? is it not in book format?
    I have to check when I am home, but isn't the 5.1 version DVD in book format?

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Huh? is it not in book format?
    I have to check when I am home, but isn't the 5.1 version DVD in book format?
    No, it is a CD-sized fold-out digipack. At the time they did Benefit, there was no indication this book style series was going to be so popular. Only Brick had been done in that format, and Aqualung (at the time) was a full (LP-sized) boxed set (it was later reissued in the book format, but it's always a big selling title, so I'm sure they didn't think twice). From A Passion Play in 2013 onward, they went with book format for every release, including going back and doing Stand Up and This Was. This leaves Benefit as the odd one out, since it is a smaller set without a huge book and is not uniform with the other releases (despite the same guy re-mixing it and providing plenty of bonus tracks). So it remains to be seen if they ever do go back and convert that one. I'm not so sure, as Ian isn't particularly fond of it (remember, he wanted Wilson to skip over A Passion Play, so he's not a stickler for wanting the full catalogue done this way), and it's tough to say if it would sell the same number of copies as the others, when there will be a contingent of people who think "I've already bought it, I don't care that it isn't a bit taller".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ The same apparently goes for A as well, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ The same apparently goes for A as well, doesn't it?
    No, A has never been remixed, it was issued in 2004 as a remaster in a 2-disc jewel case with the Slipstream DVD as a bonus.