Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Jon Anderson 2019 Tour

  1. #1

    Jon Anderson 2019 Tour

    New tour dates have been posted on his website. Does anyone know if he is solo or if there is a backup band? There is nothing on the website about this.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    176
    Pretty sure it is a continuation of the 1000 Hands Tour with a full band.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Prim8Pal View Post
    New tour dates have been posted on his website. Does anyone know if he is solo or if there is a backup band? There is nothing on the website about this.
    Full band. I am seeing it on August 8 in Grand Rapids Michigan.

  4. #4
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,194
    For NorCal folks, again no Bay Area shows (although Napa isn't that far outside the immediate Bay Area). He's also playing Folsom instead of Sacramento.

    Aug 24 Uptown Theater - Napa, CA
    Aug 26 Harris Center - Folsom,CA
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  5. #5
    September is open so probably when ARW start their final tour.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    September is open so probably when ARW start their final tour.
    It looks like RW is busy through the end of October.

    Maybe ARW will feature Damian Anderson, Ryan Rabin and either Oliver or Adam Wakeman.

  7. #7
    That also works! As long as the letters are in tact.

  8. #8
    ARW is mostly likely done for good. From Henry's ARW page, http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnarw.htm:

    In another Mar 2019 interview, asked about working again with Rabin and Wakeman, Anderson responded, "Working with them was like rejuvenation. I'm 75 this year and I keep saying, 'Hey, you only live once in this lifetime.' Yeah, more than likely, maybe next year, the year after. I've always said it would be nice to do a Yestival and get everybody together on stage, that's like a magic wand to make that happen, but you never know in this life." And, in yet another Mar 2019 interview, Anderson was asked whether there would be more ARW activity and if there was any new studio work. He replied, "It's a long story [...] whichever way you look at it, you want to do new music. I wrote some songs with Trevor, with Rick, we just couldn't get everyone together at the same place, because everyone's so busy in life. And we said maybe in 2020." The Apr 2019 article had more, quoting Anderson as saying he is "not sure" if they will together again...
    Amazon Marketplace - http://www.amazon.com/shops/A3UJ306B3ZDWF4
    Many hard to find CDs (mostly prog)

  9. #9
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,823
    Perhaps if there's a great enough outcry from the fans demanding more ARW?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Perhaps if there's a great enough outcry from the fans demanding more ARW?
    In three interviews Anderson said that they will most likely be back. In the fourth, above, he had more doubts. Rabin has written a lot with ARW and for his vocal so there should be a lot of Rabin music in 2020/2021.

  11. #11
    I do not expect an ARW return any time soon, if indeed ever.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    September is open so probably when ARW start their final tour.




    Fifth Anniversary Reunion Tour!!!
    Last edited by helix; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:28 AM.
    2trevorsforlife

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Fifth Anniversary Reunion Tour!!!
    The holograph version!*








    * so that band members don't have to physically be on stage with each other...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I do not expect an ARW return any time soon, if indeed ever.

    Henry
    Well, that was quick. Two days after I posted ARW will be back, yesterday Wakeman announced just that. I have a special gift. Try not to be jealous.

  15. #15
    ^ I am very happy to be wrong.

    (Although I'd like something a bit more concrete than a report that Rick said something at a show.)

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    ^ I am very happy to be wrong.
    (Although I'd like something a bit more concrete than a report that Rick said something at a show.)
    From the ARW Facebook page Rick said to look for an announcement about tours. He wouldn't joke about that or announce it unless it was going to happen.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    From the ARW Facebook page Rick said to look for an announcement about tours. He wouldn't joke about that or announce it unless it was going to happen.
    Rick announced his retirement from solo touring in 2006, so I'd take what he says about his future plans with a grain of salt.

    http://www.zoolook.nl/forum/viewtopi...27f220b0e8fb4d

  18. #18
    Musicians don't go around announcing tours for laughs. Well, Spinal Tap did it once but that was rare.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by malgeo View Post
    Rick announced his retirement from solo touring in 2006, so I'd take what he says about his future plans with a grain of salt.

    http://www.zoolook.nl/forum/viewtopi...27f220b0e8fb4d
    Well, yes, that was an odd circumstance. I think he feared for his life after what some crackpots were saying when he played in Cuba. I think that's how it happened. I'm sure Henry can straighten me out. I'm too lazy to look up the details.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

  20. #20
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Musicians don't go around announcing tours for laughs. Well, Spinal Tap did it once but that was rare.
    I don't know. Was there a fart joke in the announcement?

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, yes, that was an odd circumstance. I think he feared for his life after what some crackpots were saying when he played in Cuba. I think that's how it happened. I'm sure Henry can straighten me out. I'm too lazy to look up the details.
    He didn't fear for his life, but he was upset about the criticism he received for playing in Cuba. But he's announced his retirement from touring a couple of times since then as well. It never sticks (although he has changed how he tours).

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    He didn't fear for his life, but he was upset about the criticism he received for playing in Cuba. But he's announced his retirement from touring a couple of times since then as well. It never sticks (although he has changed how he tours).

    Henry
    Was he not being threatened?
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

  23. #23
    good show in Ocean City monday night. not great. setlist stalled a bit as well. I dont know, just not a lot of fire and Jon seemed a little bored or something. not his usually chipper self. weird spot right on the boardwalk and pretty much full


    loved the Olias tracks, the 10,000 Hands tracks. band were great too. some of the Yes material is just too staid at this point without a real instrumental soloist or band



    I don't know. just kinda OK!


    certainly did not complete with the incredible Iron Maiden show the following night . . .
    2trevorsforlife

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    good show in Ocean City monday night. not great. setlist stalled a bit as well. I dont know, just not a lot of fire and Jon seemed a little bored or something. not his usually chipper self. weird spot right on the boardwalk and pretty much full
    Maryland? I'll be there in two days.

    Missed it by THAT much!
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NE Pa
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Maryland? I'll be there in two days.

    Missed it by THAT much!
    Actually that show was in Ocean City,NJ., near Atlantic City. He's also playing tomorrow night, Friday 8/2 in Asbury Park, NJ which if anyone is interested there are plenty of seats still available in all price ranges. Most of the shows around the area have been selling fairly well but for some reason the Asbury Park show is selling poorly, I think it's partly because of a lack of advertising for the show, and combining that with the fact that the Ocean City show, which is only about an hour south of Asbury Park, went on sale much earlier and was well advertised. Also, a couple of weeks ago I posted the question on the 1000 Hands thread asking if anyone knows if there will be a different setlist for the second leg of the tour, well this is interesting, apparently instead of changing the setlist it was kept the same and there have been a few songs added to the setlist from the first leg. Rather than give away any spoilers the setlists are on Setlist.FM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •