Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles-"Abbey Road" 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition is on the way.

The Beatles-"Abbey Road" 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition is on the way.

Sourced from Something About The Beatles' Facebook page

ABBEY ROAD ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE EDITION.

CD 1: ABBEY ROAD ANNIVERSARY EDITION (new stereo mix).
    The same tracklist as Vinyl-LP.

CD 2 DEMOS AND OUTTAKES: Track 1: I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (take 32) (with Billy Preston on organ). / Track 2: Goodbye (demo). / Track 3: Something (demo). / Track 4: Ballad Of John And Yoko (take 7). / Track 5: Old Brown Shoe (take 2). / Track 6: Oh Darling (take 4). / Track 7: Octopus Garden (take 9). / Track 8: You Never Give Me Your Money (take 36). / Track 9: Her Majesty (takes 1-3). / Track 10: Golden Slumbers - Carry That Wait (takes 1-3). / Track 11: Here Comes The Sun (take 9). / Track 12: Maxwell's Silver Hammer (take 12).

CD 3 DEMOS AND OUTTAKES: Track 1: Come Together (take 5). / Track 2: The End (take 3). / Track 3: Sun King - Mean Mr Mustard (take 20). / Track 4: Polythene Pam - Bathroom Window (take 27). / Track 5: Because (take 1). / Track 6: The Long One (Trial Edit and Mix). / Track 7: Something (Orchestral – take 39). / Track 8: Golden Slumbers (take 17).

Blu-ray:
    Track 1 - 17: dolby atmos mix of whole album. / Track 18 - 34: 5.1 surround of whole album. / Track 35 - 51: hi-res stereo mix of whole album.

Book:
    30,5 cm x 30, 5 cm (12inch x 12inch) hardcover book to house.

Unconfirmed details of the upcoming 50th anniversary “Abbey Road” set are showing up on social media. Here, from a knowledgeable source in direct contact with Apple Corps, is what Beatlefan has heard:
    At this time, the “Abbey Road” 50th anniversary set is 3 cds and a Blu-ray. The first disc is the remix, the second CD is alternate versions in order (with “Her Majesty” in its original spot) and a third disc of tidbits and associated songs from the time period.

Our source heard the first run-thru of “I Want You” from Feb. 15, 1969, at Trident Studios and said it was “haunting.” The 5.1 surround mix has the “Because” vocals-only, as well as the separated vocals from “Come Together” (which finally settle that is is indeed Paul on backing vocals).

For the book, Paul has contributed 80 “never before seen” photos by Linda from the studio sessions, and Kevin Howlett has done the majority of the writing.

At this point, both Paul and Ringo are due to attend the Aug. 28 unveiling of the album at Abbey Road’s Studio 2 in London.

Also:

CD1
    Abbey Road usual track list

CD2
    I Want You (She’s So Heavy) [Take 32 + Billy Organ]
    Goodbye [Demo]
    Something [Demo]
    Ballad Of John And Yoko [Take 7]
    Old Brown Shoe [Take 2]
    Oh Darling [Take 4]
    Octopus Garden [Take 9]
    You Never Give Me Your Money [Take 36]
    Her Majesty [Takes 1-3]
    Golden Slumbers - Carry That Wait [Takes 1-3]
    Here Comes The Sun [Take 9]
    Maxwell's Silver Hammer [Take 12]

CD3
    Come Together [Take 5]
    The End [Take 3]
    Sun King / Mean Mr Mustard [Take 20]
    Polythene Pam - Bathroom Window [Take 27]
    Because [Take 1]
    The Long One [Trial Edit and Mix]
    Something [Orchestral – Take 39]
    Golden Slumbers [Take 17]

‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION (2CD)

Expanded 2CD package features the new stereo album mix on and adds a second CD of demos and outtakes
    Limited edition

‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY EDITION (1CD)

1CD digi featuring the new ‘Abbey Road’ stereo album mix
    Unlimited edition

‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE EDITION (3LP BO

12” x 12” lift off lid box to house:
    LP1: New ‘Abbey Road’ stereo album mix
    LP2: Demos and Outtakes
    LP3: Demos and Outtakes
    Limited edition

‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY EDITION (1LP)

180-gram 1LP vinyl featuring the new stereo album mix
    Packaging faithful to the original album

No pre-order info at this time.

I'm in for the 3CD/Blu-ray set for sure.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Finally, some info. Thanks for posting this.

We do not need a new modern stereo mix, IMHO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

No pre-order info at this time.
    So you'll have to "Carry That Wait."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Finally, some info. Thanks for posting this.

We do not need a new modern stereo mix, IMHO.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I'd be interesting in the photo book.
    G.A.S -aholic

Banned
    This is awesome. Giles Martin is likely behind the Dolby Atmos mix. This could be the most immersive mix of all classic rock remixes. I will buy atmos speakers for this occasion. Perhaps he will do a Dolby Atmos of the Love soundtrack too, for complete blowing of the mind. Now if Prog would step up to the plate and take advantage of the technology, it certainly did in early 70’s, albeit usong mostly incredible PA systems, some built by Martin Audio (Pink Floyd, Supertramp, ...).

Banned
    To show what is possible with Dolby Atmos, read this:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies...s-dolby-atmos/

Banned
    A new Dolby Atmos mixing environment at Abbey Road studios.

https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/abbey...mix-stage-2243

Banned
    A special listening party was held for Sgt Peppers in Dolby Atmos 2 years ago. Abbey Road Studios has a brand new Dolby Mixing system.👍😎

Banned
    Are they reuniting for “The End”
    https://people.com/music/paul-mccart...on-la-concert/

There's a release date for the new edition of Abbey Road; 9/27/2019. Will be available for pre-order soon.

I can't believe I'm about to buy this album for the...let's see...sixth time?

Banned
    Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of the release of the iconic photograph

I just last weekend finally got around to listening to the Giles Martin 50th anniversary "white" album in it's entirety and i would say it ranges from excellent to absolutely stunning (only nitpick is Rev 9 would have been just fine left alone but the new version is interesting).

I really look forward to hearing the new Abbey Road.

I do wish for these releases that I could get just the Blue-Ray disc for the HD and surround mixes. I have no interest in an extra 6 CDs, a book, and a box.

And the pre-orders are now up for the Deluxe Editions of Abbey Road.
    USA
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VLMMG28/?tag=imwan-20
    UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VLMMG28/?tag=imwan-21

Also; press release from The Beatles' Website.
    https://abbeyroad.thebeatles.com/abb...press-release/

"Carry That Weight!".....

Banned
    More discussion from Giles Martin etc:
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...y-giles-martin

Here's a link if you want to sample the remix of Something along with a demo version and strings only version, this is awesome stuff.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl...Tvnv1rIjC39qrw

The remix is pretty mellotron forward which is very cool, the demo sounds like it could have easily ended up on All Things Must Pass if it didn't make it to Abbey Road. Fun stuff!

I was really impressed with the sound on the White Album remix so I'm on board.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The mastering has sometimes been questionable, to say the least, but I've been impressed with what I've heard of Giles Martin's remixes themselves. The preview suggests that he's done what I'd hoped he do with regard to instrument/vocal placement.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    (only nitpick is Rev 9 would have been just fine left alone but the new version is interesting).
    As I understand it, it was 'left alone' on his stereo version. I believe that one track was not remixed in stereo at all. He said on the promotional interview that he did remix it for 5.1 though and said it was the remix he was most proud of. I have not heard it so I cannot say.

ISTR that the white album remix was fairly well received on Steve Hoffman and the like.
    Last edited by JJ88; 08-09-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post

As I understand it, it was 'left alone' on his stereo version. I believe that one track was not remixed in stereo at all. He said on the promotional interview that he did remix it for 5.1 though and said it was the remix he was most proud of. I have not heard it so I cannot say.

ISTR that the white album remix was fairly well received on Steve Hoffman and the like.

I'll be darned. When i was listening to the album as a whole it just seemed the Rev 9 had a much more 3 dimensional feel to it that i was not used to hearing, some of the sounds just seemed to jump out that i remembered being more subdued. Maybe i was just expecting it to be different after hearing everything that came before.

^Could just be the mastering, really- these new releases have tended to be on the loud side.

So, anyone heard this yet?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart