Thread: The Sheepdogs

The Sheepdogs

Anyone here into this band? I just discovered their album "Changing Colors" from last year and am really digging it. Totally retro 70's style rock. I don't think I have ever seen them mentioned here. Apparently they have toured with Rival Sons (another favorite of mine) and their profile is rising. Here is some live stuff I found on youtube:

Saw them twice last year, once headlining and the other supporting Rival Sons. They were excellent both times.

I've managed to pick up all of their studio albums, and really, if you like Changing Colours, you'll like them all. They don't all sound alike, necessarily, but they all have that terrific vibe.

Apparently they are the only (or at least, first) unsigned band to grace the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Saw them twice last year, once headlining and the other supporting Rival Sons. They were excellent both times.

I've managed to pick up all of their studio albums, and really, if you like Changing Colours, you'll like them all. They don't all sound alike, necessarily, but they all have that terrific vibe.

Apparently they are the only (or at least, first) unsigned band to grace the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.
    How many to they have out? "Changing Colours" is certainly diverse.

Changing Colours was their sixth. The others are:

Learning To Grow (2006)
    Big Stand (2007)
    Learn & Burn (2010)
    Sheepdogs (2012)
    Future Nostalgia (2015)

The first two were self-released so I assumed they might be difficult to get hold of. Happily not, though. Got them both from the merch stand at one of their concerts.

Future Nostalgia & Learn & Burn are the ones I play the most but it's all worth owning.

I saw them get new wardrobes from Project Runway contestants a few years ago. I thought they were actors.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Changing Colours was their sixth. The others are:

Learning To Grow (2006)
    Big Stand (2007)
    Learn & Burn (2010)
    Sheepdogs (2012)
    Future Nostalgia (2015)

The first two were self-released so I assumed they might be difficult to get hold of. Happily not, though. Got them both from the merch stand at one of their concerts.

Future Nostalgia & Learn & Burn are the ones I play the most but it's all worth owning.
    I had no clue they had that much out. Cool!

Learn & Burn is a great album! The band seemed to be searching for a sound so it's diverse. The follow-up record seems more streamlined towards a sound that got them some radio play up here. I don't like it nearly as much. Not familiar with the early records or the 2015 release.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Learn & Burn is a great album! The band seemed to be searching for a sound so it's diverse. The follow-up record seems more streamlined towards a sound that got them some radio play up here. I don't like it nearly as much. Not familiar with the early records or the 2015 release.
    Yeah, the self-titled album is probably the weakest but it's still a decent effort. Maybe a little long though.

Jon Neudorf
    From my hometown of Saskatoon.

Jon