Thread: Diagonal ‘Arc’ new album coming Sept 6

Diagonal ‘Arc’ new album coming Sept 6

Been awhile since their last one ‘The Second Mechanism’ which I really liked. Happy to see the band is still together!
    https://diagonal.bandcamp.com/album/arc
    Daily jazz vinyl reviews on Instagram @jazzandcoffee

Seems that they recorded a second album also (no more info About that one)

Pretty exciting!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Nice!

Very cool! I just pre-ordered the purple vinyl edition.

Thanks for the heads-up! I love the artwork too.

I thought they were done, at least that's what's on ProgArchives. Autobuy for me. Very interesting band.

Heard some samples... Look forward to this release!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

^My copy shipped out over the weekend. Definitely looking forward to this.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Very good and satisfying record. More song-oriented than the debut (which is the only one I know). No retro here, these guys brew their own stuff, which is open to new music but also waves to the past. At times they remind me of early Van Der Graaf Generator or other British proto-prog bands, but even this does not make justice to the individuality of their sound.

I am very pleased. Some excellent music coming from Great Britain this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Very good and satisfying record. More song-oriented than the debut (which is the only one I know).
    You need to check out The Second Mechanism. It is magnificent! Easily the best Diagonal album.

I have been slightly disappointed with Arc. It is not bad far from it but after The Second Mechanism I expected little more fireworks. This more song-based approach don't suit the band 100% I think.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Seems that they recorded a second album also (no more info About that one)
    The Second Mechanism from 2012? Very good, even more instrumentally based than the debut and a bit more leaning towards the Canterburian. I suppose the "song-oriented" nature of Arc is somewhat a reaction to that.

Decent band fer sure.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Oh dear god, not a band that writes songs!

I’m really looking forward to this release. Even if it contains songs. Maybe even in spite of that, or because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    The Second Mechanism from 2012? Very good, even more instrumentally based than the debut and a bit more leaning towards the Canterburian. I suppose the "song-oriented" nature of Arc is somewhat a reaction to that.

Decent band fer sure.
    No, I do have the first two albums of course, both are great. Still waiting for Arc to arrive.

The band teased that they didn't only recorded Arc but a second new Album too, whatever that means.
    (see post from 3rd June on their Facebook page)

The band teased that they didn't only recorded Arc but a second new Album too, whatever that means.
    That's odd.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

It's a decent album. They went slightly more 80sh and I can feel a Talk-Talk influence there. I don't like it on the same level as the first two, but it still holds the interest.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    That's odd.
    I just asked them about that one: They are working on another new one which will be out next year.

I just asked them about that one: They are working on another new one which will be out next year.
    Very cool.