Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ new cd(s) details announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Pretty sure that's the case. I thought I read, though, that Martin Orford had been making his living solely as a musician back when he was in IQ. Part income from the band and part being on the dole. Probably why he reacted to the whole piracy thing so... dramatically.
    If I'm not mistaken, Martin was also running the band's label GEP. He passed on that reponsibility to Mike Holmes when he left the music business.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I can understand Martin's anger over the piracy thing. It saddened me when he left because his keyboard playing, style and choice of textures always knocked the song up to another level.
    Imagine if you will, you worked a 40 hr week plus 20 hrs overtime and when you go to get your check from the office, the HR person tells you it's gone, someone else picked it up..you get nothing this week!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

^^^ I think Martin still plays with Jadis occasionally but most of his time is spent driving steam trains these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    ^^^ I think Martin still plays with Jadis occasionally but most of his time is spent driving steam trains these days.
    he probably gets more of a cut from doing that than from his music residuals. lol

I haven't thought of Jadis too much over the decades. I bought the first one when it was released and enjoyed it, but didn't listen much.
    Over the years, I've wanted to like the new releases but never found myself pulled in enough to buy another cd.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Talk about taking the old road.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Martin was also running the band's label GEP. He passed on that reponsibility to Mike Holmes when he left the music business.
    Initially GEP was a partnership involving Martin, Mike, Thomas Waber (yes, the InsideOut guy) and IQ's lighting guy (if I remember correctly).
    Am pretty sure now that GEP is almost 100% Mike these days considering that they have stepped releasing other bands records ever since Mike went into early retirement from his daytime job (that means he has done rather well I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    ... considering that they have stopped releasing other bands records ever since Mike went into early retirement from his daytime job
    I don't believe this is correct as bands like Southern Empire and Damanek (and a few others I forget) are still currently releasing albums on the GEP label.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    he probably gets more of a cut from doing that than from his music residuals. lol

I haven't thought of Jadis too much over the decades. I bought the first one when it was released and enjoyed it, but didn't listen much.
    Over the years, I've wanted to like the new releases but never found myself pulled in enough to buy another cd.
    As a long time Jadis fan I would recommend the first album 'More Than Meets The Eye' but the absolute best has to be their 2nd cd 'Across The Water' from 1994. Understand from 2000 is good too and I would also suggest the Medium Rare compilation from 2001 which has all brilliant tracks. After that though, sadly, they lost their mojo.

For some reason "Road of Bones" slipped by me. I remember at the time listening to one song that didn't grab me and I guess I simply went on. Today I listened to more of it on Youtube and I really liked what I heard. I just ordered it and downloaded it. I like it quite a lot. I wanted to buy from the IQ website but they wanted a login with more information than I was willing to give. Why do they need my birthdate, phone number etc? Anyway I prefer ordering from a bands website so I hope they will not require so much information in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yestor View Post
    I wanted to buy from the IQ website but they wanted a login with more information than I was willing to give. Why do they need my birthdate, phone number etc?
    Just fake that stuff, that's what I do with unnecessary info.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Yestor View Post
    For some reason "Road of Bones" slipped by me. I remember at the time listening to one song that didn't grab me and I guess I simply went on. Today I listened to more of it on Youtube and I really liked what I heard. I just ordered it and downloaded it. I like it quite a lot. I wanted to buy from the IQ website but they wanted a login with more information than I was willing to give. Why do they need my birthdate, phone number etc? Anyway I prefer ordering from a bands website so I hope they will not require so much information in the future.
    I know "Road of Bones" is beloved by most IQ fans, but I could never get into the first disc much. I think the second disc is much better and has a lot more variety in terms of sounds, tempos and general IQ weirdness.

Hoping for a vinyl of the new album, myself.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I don't believe this is correct as bands like Southern Empire and Damanek (and a few others I forget) are still currently releasing albums on the GEP label.
    The new United Progressive Fraternity album is on GEP, and a lovely package it is!

I just noticed that I indeed made a mistake as I want to say: "considering that they have STARTED releasing other bands records evers since Mike went into early retirement ..", some kind of Freudian slip / stupid mistake as I know full well that they have actually stepped up their release schedule since that point.

I remember reading a post from Mike on Facebook earlier this week or last, saying he had run into some issues mixing the cd and had fallen behind on his schedule.
    They had hoped to have cds available for their upcoming shows, but now he's not so sure.

I remember reading a post from Mike on Facebook earlier this week or last, saying he had run into some issues mixing the cd and had fallen behind on his schedule.
    They had hoped to have cds available for their upcoming shows, but now he's not so sure.
    Yeah....I stopped by the Website the other day and the release date is now September 27th.....but the CD release concert is September 7th......yup...enjoy it live a few weeks before you can obtain a physical copy....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Visited the GEP Webstore (Giant Electric Pea) this morning and found the new release now available for pre-order.

CD (double)
    LP (triple) available in Black....or Red.

It ain't gonna be cheap! I ordered a CD and the Red LP's......came to $74.76 with shipping to the USA.

Once again.....logging into the IQHQ Forum leads to an Error 404 code.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Jon Neudorf

I thought their last one is pretty tasty. Think its title is "No Fear of Looking Down".

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Visited the GEP Webstore (Giant Electric Pea) this morning and found the new release now available for pre-order.

CD (double)
    LP (triple) available in Black....or Red.

It ain't gonna be cheap! I ordered a CD and the Red LP's......came to $74.76 with shipping to the USA.

Once again.....logging into the IQHQ Forum leads to an Error 404 code.
    You should have waited...

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Ooooo, I'll be checking the site.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post

So, this Saturday (September 7th) is the Concert featuring the new album. Anyone going? I am not concerned with the concept of "spoilers" so impressions of the show would be welcome.

So, this Saturday (September 7th) is the Concert featuring the new album. Anyone going? I am not concerned with the concept of "spoilers" so impressions of the show would be welcome.
    IQ just posted news on their Facebook page, they have received a batch of cds of the new album and will have them for sale at this gig.

Preordered from IQ HQ Online store!
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Any reports on how the show went?

Any reports on how the show went?
    And perhaps on the new album if you bought it a the gig and had time to give it a listen?