Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: IQ new cd(s) details announced!

DO NOT TRY THIS AMAZON LINK. I ordered it and it will not download for me.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Same here. I just spent nearly an hour in live chat, and nothing worked. They refunded my purchase and gave me a credit so that I could re-order and try again, but I'm hesitant to invest the time if they haven't fixed the underlying issue. I wonder if the music files are corrupt or something. Another clue that something is off is that there is no album art showing up on the Amazon Music product page for the album.

I'd let the IQ folks know if I had a way of getting in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by prog_frog View Post
    Same here. I just spent nearly an hour in live chat, and nothing worked. They refunded my purchase and gave me a credit so that I could re-order and try again, but I'm hesitant to invest the time if they haven't fixed the underlying issue. I wonder if the music files are corrupt or something. Another clue that something is off is that there is no album art showing up on the Amazon Music product page for the album.
    Exact same thing happened to me, including the chat session. And I agree that the files must be corrupt, it's the only explanation. I'll order this one from Laser's Edge.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Sorry for that. I found it via Amazon search.

Quote Originally Posted by prog_frog View Post

I'd let the IQ folks know if I had a way of getting in touch with them.
    If you have Facebook you could leave a post here: https://www.facebook.com/IQHQLive/
    If not, I'll post it for you.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Ordered my copy from Caerllysi Music yesterday. Can't wait.

I'm sortta underwhelmed by CD1... hmm... there seems to be more going on in CD2... no instant hit

Ordered from Ken, now just pacing back and forth waiting for the mailman!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

yeah. CD2 is solid! That last epic Fallout is reminding me of Awaken... high vibrations... and then "there's no doubt, no doubt" in crescendo only reservation is that as long as TE bass is leading, it should be emphasized with more grit/buzz etc much like Squire. Will revisit CD1 to see if I missed something out...

Is it safe? Is it safe. Is it safe to order yet? When will it be safe to order, and be assured the CD's aren't faulty. Is it safe?

My CD arrived in great condition from lasercd. Have played the whole thing with no issues.

From what I understand, the only issue with the CD that prompted a re-pressing is that there was a 1-second gap of silence between tracks 3 & 4, which are supposed to run into one another. So not a massive deal, really.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Liking, though not loving, the new album. Similar experience with bones .... which I ended up loving!

My CD arrived yesterday, haven't listened yet. The limited LP is following at some point (soon.)

The vocalist is not for me, but this is a good album with a great mix to boot.

Isn't Peter Nicholls still the singer?

Quote Originally Posted by saucyjackstl View Post
    Isn't Peter Nicholls still the singer?
    Yeah he is.

I think this is my favorite new release of 2019 ..... I like it better than bones. Surround sound version of Ever is excellent also.

Old man of prog
    After repeated listens I now am loving this record. Album of the year contender for sure. Is it as good as Bones? Few records are.

My #1 regret is that there is no Hi Res 24bit release

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Album of the year contender for sure.
    I think it may be on my shortlist for this year as well.

Found the Red Vinyl on my door stoop this morning. GEP has delivered to the Left Coast of the USA.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

https://www.gep.co.uk/index.php?opti...ponent&acm=_57

Looks like more vinyl options are on the way, as well as a vinyl edition of the Dark Christmas album!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Ow....$47.00 for Dark Christmas to arrive at my door here in Washington State! It’s coming........
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Working my way through the second listen... all the IQ moves are there but on the last few albums there were a couple tracks that stuck to my ears immediately because there was some huge emotional payoff, whether it be a lyric phrase, a shift in dynamics, a riff or melody, something that just raises the goosebumps... I hear a lot of emotion as usual but haven't experienced that punch in the gut moment. Plenty of Holmes' soaring guitar riffs. This probably won't rate as high for me as Dark Matter, Frequency and Road of Bones.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Resistance will be here next week. I really don't listen to a lot of Neo or Symph anymore but IQ will always be an exception for me.

I once had a conversation with Peter Nicholls at a 3RP festival in Pittsburgh about how imo he had the best enunciation and articulation of any prog band singer I've ever heard, and I still feel that way. He appeared humbled & a bit embarrassed. It's rare when you don't need the written lyrics to understand every word.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman