Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINGO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINGO

Ringo Starr turns 79 today. Many happy returns and thanks for the great music and memories.

Happy birthday Sir Richard!

Happy Birthday Ringo! Peace and love, of course!

I just saw a bit on Ringo's FB page where he talks about the upcoming release of Let It Be.. He sounds excited for this "version" to be released.. in his words.. "this one will be more like we were" vs. what was released in the theaters so many years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Let It Be.. He sounds excited for this "version" to be released.. in his words.. "this one will be more like we were" vs. what was released in the theaters so many years ago..
    I smell a whitewash....
    Michael: "Harold, don't you have any other music, you know, from [last] century?"
    Harold: "There is no other music....."

Belated Peace & Love

Ringo’s a great drummer and a real sport.

In the mid seventies, Ringo was living in LA, and he writes in his “Postcard” book that, whenever John Bonham was in town, day or night, he’d drive over and throw Ringo into the swimming pool.

When the Beatles went to India, Ringo took along one suitcase loaded with Heinz baked beans because his stomach couldn’t handle the spicy foods there.

He says that children have often asked, “Why did you push the button?”, referring to when his character pressed the panic button in the Yellow Submarine movie.

I googled, “Why did Ringo join the cast of ‘Shining Time Station?’”, but I didn’t find an answer. One link said that Ringo enjoyed the fact that the conductor character was ‘miniaturized,’ and would appear and disappear like magic.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Belated happy birthday!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

For some reason I have always had the feeling he will be the last Beatle standing.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    He looks 69 not 79.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound...