Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nektar Kickstarter Campaign

Nektar Kickstarter Campaign

Nektar has started a Kickstarter campaign to kick start their reunion.

I think the guys deserve the support.

From the Nektar FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2213439438/

50 years of Nektar

We are starting a Kickstarter campaign today . This will help fund our new Album and double vinyl album and sub projects, DVD the making of and a 7.1 surround mix later with lightshow. It will also help us prepare for the world tour we will embark on next year. We need a screen, floor scrim and projectors and many other things to make for a dynamite show. If you are interested please consider pledging to buy an album or other things that are available with this project

Here is the link
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...PT0rVPlo2JivHU

#nektar #rychechlanda #derekmoore #kendallscott #ronaldhowden#randydembo #mickbrockett #nektarthelegendaryrockband #guitars #prog#progrock #progressivemusic #progressive #rock #rocknroll #progstock#cityofangels #coa #coarr #coaradio #kickstarter #nektars-new-studio-album-the-other-side
    Last edited by Squire1977!!; 07-02-2019 at 10:57 AM.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    The Kickstarter link does not work.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...PT0rVPlo2JivHU
    Sorry about that. I will correct my post.

I've been burned once by the "special package" Roye offered on the tour that never materialized.

I'll buy the album when it comes out, I'll see the band if they tour here, but I'm not buying another pig in a poke.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I've been burned once by the "special package" Roye offered on the tour that never materialized.

I'll buy the album when it comes out, I'll see the band if they tour here, but I'm not buying another pig in a poke.
    You realize that Roye is not involved. In fact, well, you know... I hope.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

It wasn't Roye that caused that, it was Roy Wossface the promoter. I know that. I just have a once-bitten twice-shy thing going here.

I’m definitely going to consider this, I already bought a polo shirt and a poster, both appear to be of good quality

Gonna “take a chance “
    Looking forward to new music

It wasn't Roye that caused that, it was Roy Wossface the promoter. I know that. I just have a once-bitten twice-shy thing going here.
    I understand your stance 100 percent. But the guys now involved in Nektar are far removed from that Roy Clay disaster. It is going to be an uphill battle to raise the money, I am sure, but I wish them luck.

Fred

I totally understand your stance, Roye Clay screwed everybody. He screwed us (Nektar) out of over $100,000 we did not have. I assure you I stand behind everything this band does. I (Mo Moore) am back managing the band and playing bass. We are in the studio as of next week and need some help. We are financing this so we can be independent. We will release a new album "The Other Side" in January. We will release a double vinyl album, we will also release a DVD with the making of the album we have footage from all of our rehearsals while the music was being made. We will also record footage in the studio. We want this to be the best experience we can give you. Next year we will mix it in 5.1 with Micks lightshow on Blue ray. I personally stand behind this band - it is the best band you have heard in a great while. We will be going live from the studio next week

Please consider helping us with our campaign.NEKTAR: THE LEGENDARY ROCK BAND with Derek Moore, Ronald Howden, Mick Brockett, Ryche Chlanda, Randy Dembo, and Kendall Scott started their Kickstarter campaign!

Why is the band running a Kickstarter campaign?

This will help fund our New Album, new double album vinyl and sub projects, DVD "The Making Of...", and a 5.1 surround mix later with Lightshow. It will also help us prepare for the world tour we will embark on next year. We need a screen, floor scrim and projectors and many other things to make for a dynamite show.

If you are interested, please consider pledging to buy an album or other things that are available with this project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-other-side

#nektar #theotherside #rychechlanda #derekmoore #kendallscott #ronaldhowden #randydembo #mickbrockett #nektarthelegendaryrockband #guitars #prog #progrock #progressivemusic #progressive #rock #rocknroll #progstock #cityofangels #coa #coarr #coaradio #kickstarter
    Last edited by mochester; 07-03-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Here is the link

OK, I'm on board! Let's get this done people! Chop, chop!
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Here's hoping for a solid album!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Good luck!

Quick note to let you know we are finishing recording today. The new album The Other Side is 66 minutes long and a double album. I will post some clips when I get back home so you can see what we have been doing.

Now we need your help to get to the mixing stage and preparing for release in January 2020. A single 8 minutes long Sky Writer will be released in time for Progstock where we will have a limited number of vinyl copies with us

Thanks

Mo

Have been following the video clips from FB and YT and love what I'm hearing.
    I've been holding back trying to decide on either the vinyl version or the unsigned cd version, but will definitely make a decision soon and add to the kickstarter.
    Count me in Mo!
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

I am most definitely in. This is gonna be good.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I pledged $75.00 yesterday.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

I'm in...

"The baggage that I carry would sink a thousand ships
    My motives are uncertain, intentions not altogether pure
    So now don't you want me beside you just like it was before? "

...after hearing those clips I'm wavering...

I also got burned by Roy wossisface. Thing is that Nektar were not the only band. I think Caravan got done by him. Didn't they write a song 'Liar' as a reminder. Happy to give this project my blessing.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    My recall's not great, but was Roy wossifaced involved in the "Mirage" (Camel/Caravan) debacle in which no members were paid, and iirc prompted the writing of "Liar"?

So Mick and I spent 6 hours going through Placement on the album of different songs, writing out all of the words ready for inclusion on the album. We also started the process of Set List for Progstock, Rehearsals start on Saturday. Lots of good classic stuff for your enjoyment also a good smattering of the new stuff which we can't wait for you to hear.
    PLEASE help us with our kickstarter, please SHARE as much as you can on whatever sites you visit It is crucial for the show we intend to bring to you around the globe. Thanks The album is 68 minutes and will be something for the ages. Classic 70's feel. Devils door was finished and Roye plays the intro on guitar - great feel

Mo, was Mick involved with the lyric writing? I know he contributed in the past, but many never realized it.

Yes that's the guy. Bloke was a menace