Thread: Udi Horev (Musica Ficta )

This was really nice. It shows (at least to me) what a guy whose in total control of his craft can do with the tools at his disposal. The processing was wonderfully subtle which resulted in a piece that had all the right things in the right places.

I was left with a feeling that here is a gentleman who is in total service to the music he is creating. Nothing flashy, nothing outrageously over the top...just doin' it right. I'm not familiar with the name or Musica Ficta, is there any recommendations you can make along the same lines as this video by him?

Thanks for posting it!

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    no love for this gem
    Yep, I really liked it - but you tend to already know that!

I suppose Musica Ficta folded some time ago already, not? There surely isn't much left to speak of from those 'Israeli prog scene' names. Telegraph and a small handful others that I know of - most of them are gone now.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

yeah the scene is gone
    at one point in the early 00's it really seemed like some sort of explainable influx that come and went

Great. Nice ECM/Krautrock vibe but really its own thing.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson