Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Ears 2020

This is a bummer, best music event/concert of the year.

So sorry guys. I know how enthusiastic you all have been about this event.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Appreciated...but it's pretty much where things are at right now. SXSW, Big Ears, most likely CTTE. Probably lots of smaller events before long too.

If it helps cut down the rate at which this little bastard can spread, I'm fine with it
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Oh it needed to be done and I fully understand, doesn't stop me miserably listening to bands who've played their tonight.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I was having a little trouble getting excited about my choices for the schedule.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

They made the right decision and they are doing it the right way (giving refunds).
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Hey, just a note of followup.
    Still haven't seen refund, but they said it would be around April 1 ( see above ).
    I took the chance that next year would be a go and I have gotten gift cards from downtown Knoxville businesses that I frequent while at Big Ears.
    It might not be enough to matter to them in the face of all the other stuff going on, but, it can't hurt.
    I hope y'all are doing well.
    -- Aristotle

Looks like they are trying to run 2 weekends of Big Ears next year, March 18th and March 25th.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Looks like they are trying to run 2 weekends of Big Ears next year, March 18th and March 25th.
    And the rest of the week in - between, we hang out at that great bar and get loaded at breakfast!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Two weekends worked super well for Sonic Circuits in DC, yep

I'm going to wait and see exactly what this means for them, whether these two separate weekends would even interest me or not, before I'll pass judgement. Not to mention, it's still not even 100% certain the festival will happen at that point or not. World might not quite be ready yet.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Yeah, I'm going to see how this all works out, given I'll be carrying a bunch of vacation over form this year and haven't spent any of my usual concert & travel budgets I might be tempted to try and make both weekends work.
    Ian

I will reserve judgement until they release the details.
    First reaction is WTF are they thinking, unless the goal is to shrink the festival to a more local/regional instead of National/International focus.
    Or they are going for the Aspen/Hedge Fund crowd.
    We shall see.
    -- Aristotle

Apparently they want to bring a bunch of bands back and they can do one weekend or the other.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Apparently they want to bring a bunch of bands back and they can do one weekend or the other.
    They sort of do that anyway.
    There would be some number of people who would be there for both weekends.
    And there would be the potentially hard choice for anyone else to pick one or the other, or neither.
    I will just have to wait for the details to see where my interest lies.
    -- Aristotle

Actually, at this point I am more interested in Schrodinger's Festival coming up.
    You don't know if it's going to happen until you open the box.
    -- Aristotle