Thread: MICHAEL ZENTNER- Present Time

MICHAEL ZENTNER- Present Time

Anyone remember this album ?
    incredible line up !
    Kenwood Dennard, Daevid Allen,
    John Greaves, Hansford Rowe, Percy Jones, Lisa of Herman, Peter Blegvad, Carla Bley, George Bishop, Fred Frith

Wow, all those disparate legends together on one album, and I somehow never heard about it until now...

Michael was an original Muffin too.

Zentner did another "legends"-album with "Paytime from 1995, with amongst others Simon Phillips, Ray Gomez, Vernon Reid, Jeff Berlin, Tony Levin:

I have both titles. I came to Zentner's fabulous music while on a frantic quest to own everything Percy Jones has played on. Thank goodness I did.

IMO, this is one of the most sadly unknown, and underappreciated albums I can think of!

I was actually considering, just last night, starting a thread about the most unknown and underappreciated albums in prog, and this was going to be the first one I mentioned.

There is no weaknesses in this album.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

I have Present Time, haven't listened to it in a while, but it's a good record. Never learned how he got all those big(ger) names to pitch in, but I guess the Muffins social network was strong.