Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Seasons 21, 22, 23...

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ which I find a bit weird because it's not like she is so erudite or sophisticated verbally. (I don't mean that as an insult, even though I'm sure it came off that way)

Also, I'm not sure why people keep wanting to work with her, she isn't very good at various important aspects of the game.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Also, I'm not sure why people keep wanting to work with her, she isn't very good at various important aspects of the game.
    What aspects do you think she's not good at?

She seems to have figured out her fellow houseguests enough to talk her way out of a corner. It should have been an easy week for Analyse to coast past the eviction. How many times did Analyse say herself, that she's not worried. Christie flipped that upside down by showing everyone that she was a bigger target than they were if she stayed, and that they were safe because she would go after Nick. Both excellent moves IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how this week goes with Holly now HOH. Of course the twist is going to throw a wrench in her nominations. It's too bad because I would have loved to see who she would put up if she had the choice.

So, who would you vote for to have the ability to make the second nomination? And...how many of you actually vote?

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Worst season ever. Worst cast ever.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    What aspects do you think she's not good at?

She seems to have figured out her fellow houseguests enough to talk her way out of a corner. It should have been an easy week for Analyse to coast past the eviction. How many times did Analyse say herself, that she's not worried. Christie flipped that upside down by showing everyone that she was a bigger target than they were if she stayed, and that they were safe because she would go after Nick. Both excellent moves IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how this week goes with Holly now HOH. Of course the twist is going to throw a wrench in her nominations. It's too bad because I would have loved to see who she would put up if she had the choice.

So, who would you vote for to have the ability to make the second nomination? And...how many of you actually vote?
    I think the Nick thing only worked because he blew up and couldn't control his emotions. If he remained cool I don't think it would have been as effective. I also would have liked to see the whole fight, as I don't think the edited version really curtailed both parties arguing.

As for your question:

1) she is just too emotional. Everything seems to make her fly off the handle, even if she has (relative) safety. Hell...she freaked out over something (I honestly can't remember what) when she was HOH! That's the easy weeks in the house. If I was in the house, I would want to work with people that were much more level headed and cerebral than Christie is.

2) She is way too paranoid. Perhaps this is a subset of my first point, but she always seems like she is ready to turn on whoever is working with her whenever she gets any sort of gut feeling. That one time when nick was HOH and she had a meltdown because she was convinced she was going up on the block and wanted to use her diamond power of veto when someone in her own alliance was HOH. Clearly Nick & Bella were unawares of the rest of their alliance wanting to go against them at this point, so in the HOH's mind their whole alliance was safe. (Obviously you can't trust people 100% in the game, but this is taking the extreme opposite approach.)

3) She has loose lips. The first week when she was HOH she blabbed about the 8 person alliance to Sam when she was having a freak out. (Sam did diddly with this information, so I guess it wasn't really that bad of a slip in terms of outcomes.) I can't remember specifics, but I can swear there was another time she said something to someone that wasn't kosher, from a gameplay standpoint. Someone who can't keep secrets isn't someone I want on my side.

4) This might tie into the paranoia...and I suppose this one can be applied to everyone in the house (and perhaps if I was in the house I would too fall pray to this or perhaps this is just editing tricks) but...she seems to be able to come up with something (ie Nick purposing throwing the slip and slide HOH comp) and convince herself it's true with no evidence. This whole "my truth" bullshit. Makes things turbulent and, again, for me I want to play with someone who is going to keep things as stable as possible (at least in terms of alliances/gameplay).

How do you vote these days? I went to the CBS website and all I could find was stuff to get me to sign up for CBS allaccess. I would vote for Nick, because I think it would be funny to see Jackson go home on Holly's HOH.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Worst season ever. Worst cast ever.
    No no...season 9 still exists!

I think the Nick thing only worked because he blew up and couldn't control his emotions. If he remained cool I don't think it would have been as effective. I also would have liked to see the whole fight, as I don't think the edited version really curtailed both parties arguing.
    I was saying the exact same thing to my brother last night. I'm sure the whole "Taco Tuesday" fight was much bigger than the three minutes they showed on TV.

All good points about Chistie. I think that I'm so bored with this season I'd forgotten a lot of the early stuff already. She did blab a lot of shit to a lot of people.

I didn't bother voting but I think I would have voted for Nicole or Nick. It would be fun to watch Nicole stress over the decision. But Nick would have the balls to put Michie up.

I was saying the exact same thing to my brother last night. I'm sure the whole "Taco Tuesday" fight was much bigger than the three minutes they showed on TV.

All good points about Chistie. I think that I'm so bored with this season I'd forgotten a lot of the early stuff already. She did blab a lot of shit to a lot of people.

I didn't bother voting but I think I would have voted for Nicole or Nick. It would be fun to watch Nicole stress over the decision. But Nick would have the balls to put Michie up.
    Yeah...I understand they need to edit, but damn was it a brutal one.

And that's fair. I'm unemployed atm so I have a lot of time to put into this. :P The old adage rings true...not a great cast leads to not a great season. And Nicole would be fun. I suppose we will finally get to see who America likes.

Yeah...I understand they need to edit, but damn was it a brutal one.

And that's fair. I'm unemployed atm so I have a lot of time to put into this. :P The old adage rings true...not a great cast leads to not a great season. And Nicole would be fun. I suppose we will finally get to see who America likes.
    Keep in mind voting started AFTER the HoH comp. Conveniently done so that the person 'America' chose was not necessarily the most popular, but possibly the one that might make for better drama/TV...

By the way, I have a link for the Taco Tuesday fight via Twitter thread where you can see split camera fighting. However, I won't be able to get to that link until Monday morning, unless I spend a ton of time perusing the thread I think it's in. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    By the way, I have a link for the Taco Tuesday fight via Twitter thread where you can see split camera fighting. However, I won't be able to get to that link until Monday morning, unless I spend a ton of time perusing the thread I think it's in. Stay tuned.
    Here's 7.5 minutues of it on YouTube...until it's pulled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_-2AsDzAHM

Here's 7.5 minutues of it on YouTube...until it's pulled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_-2AsDzAHM
    Go to the 5:00 mark. This is where Jess memes come from. Her being clueless because no one includes her in their game talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Go to the 5:00 mark. This is where Jess memes come from. Her being clueless because no one includes her in their game talk.
    LOL! I noticed her facial expressions when I watched it the first time. Pretty hilarious!

https://twitter.com/BB21LiveFeeds/st...27038740688897

At this link you can view the multi-cam of the taco Tuesday fiasco

With the exception of the pompous douche-bag comment, even Zingbot was lame. YAWN!

Huge yawn.

With the exception of the pompous douche-bag comment, even Zingbot was lame. YAWN!
    I somewhat agree.

It was good in that they have been discussing the zings and are realizing even more that the public is not digging them.

So, as this super-lame season starts to wind down, any favourites for the win?

Holly for the WIN.

Tommy in 2nd.

Nicole for AFP

So, as this super-lame season starts to wind down, any favourites for the win?
    Jackson is certainly playing the best.

Then I guess Holly then Cliff. I don't think anyone else really deserves it.

I don't think that anyone is playing a stellar game. I think Holly and Jackson have both been playing well. They were on the outs with their alliance and yet, they're still both there. That's worth something. Has Holly even been on the block yet?

I'm beginning to think that Christie is made of teflon. So, even though I don't love that she's so emotional and paranoid, I actually wouldn't be upset to see her win. She's smart and she knows how to talk her way out of a situation.

I like Cliff, but I don't respect his game. He and Nick play the same game - they pander to whoever is in power and won't hesitate to throw their allies under the bus if it suits them. I understand you do what you have to do to stay alive, but I think it shows bad character when you're so willing to take someone who has your back, and stab them in their back. I'm not a fan of Tommy for the same reason.

Jessica and Nicole are non-issues to me. Neither one is a physical or mental threat and that's why they are both still there. Although floating under the radar has got people to the end in the past. Of the two, I'd pick Jessica for the win. She had the balls to put up Jack and Michie and it led to Jack's eviction. Nicole is sweet and I enjoy her personality on the show, but of everyone left in the house, she has played the least game.

I wish they wouldn't announce Double-Eviction. It would be awesome if they did a quick Q&A HoH, and immediately tell the new HoH to put 2 up right then and there. No scrambling.

I'm not rooting for anyone. I think they are all boring as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I wish they wouldn't announce Double-Eviction. It would be awesome if they did a quick Q&A HoH, and immediately tell the new HoH to put 2 up right then and there. No scrambling.

I'm not rooting for anyone. I think they are all boring as sin.

I'm definitely not rooting for anyone. I chose the lesser of all evils.

I don't think that anyone is playing a stellar game. I think Holly and Jackson have both been playing well. They were on the outs with their alliance and yet, they're still both there. That's worth something. Has Holly even been on the block yet?

I'm beginning to think that Christie is made of teflon. So, even though I don't love that she's so emotional and paranoid, I actually wouldn't be upset to see her win. She's smart and she knows how to talk her way out of a situation.

I like Cliff, but I don't respect his game. He and Nick play the same game - they pander to whoever is in power and won't hesitate to throw their allies under the bus if it suits them. I understand you do what you have to do to stay alive, but I think it shows bad character when you're so willing to take someone who has your back, and stab them in their back. I'm not a fan of Tommy for the same reason.

Jessica and Nicole are non-issues to me. Neither one is a physical or mental threat and that's why they are both still there. Although floating under the radar has got people to the end in the past. Of the two, I'd pick Jessica for the win. She had the balls to put up Jack and Michie and it led to Jack's eviction. Nicole is sweet and I enjoy her personality on the show, but of everyone left in the house, she has played the least game.
    I agree about Cliff, it's just I wanted to give a top three and of the others I think he has done the most or at least has done the best. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done if the power floated around a bit more, but it seems as we approach the endgame lines/groups get much more firmly established.

If it somehow came down to Nicole and Jess, I would probably vomit, but also, I would then have to retreat to who I like better because both were just season fillers. (Jess has multiple times expressed complete shock about what's going on in the house while admitting she knows nothing about the happenings...and doesn't seem to try beyond that ill-fated all girls alliance attempt...so her winning would be truly ugly. Nicole seems to have a better social game for what it's worth (IMO not much, unless it's a bitter jury...which thus far doesn't seem to be the case) but as you said, is also a do nothing in the game, so not a stellar finish for the season either.) Of the two I like Nicole more, but as I said, I don't want either of these scenarios to play out.

If it somehow came down to Nicole and Jess, I would probably vomit

Big Brother: Expect the Expected