Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two More Bands for ProgDay 25!

Two More Bands for ProgDay 25!

Two More Bands for ProgDay 25!

------------

Accordo Dei Contrari

“Their musical stew is an exciting and angular concoction of contrasts, sharp corners, hidden turns, and clever ideas, all woven together somewhere near the intersection of jazz and rock, with a dollop of Italian culture stirring the mix. If you could only buy one recording this year, Violato Intatto might well be the one worth seeking out.“
    - Peter Thelen, Exposé

"Five stars; a masterpiece of complex, boundary-pushing progressive rock music--the goal that all progressive rock musicians should strive for."
    - Brufordfreak, Progarchives

Since the band’s 2001 birth in Bologna, Italy, as an ensemble for creating original instrumental music, ACCORDO DEI CONTRARI has developed a reputation for its excellent musicianship, thoughtful compositions, and its particular take on combining musical genres in a purposeful way. With influences ranging from classic seventies prog and jazz-rock to contemporary jazz, 20th century classical music and the avant-garde, the music is always changing and flowing along new paths. The result has been a series of critically acclaimed studio albums.

With each release the band continues to redefine its music. Most recently, with the departure of their bassist, the band reconstituted itself with the addition of saxophone. This culminated in the most recent release, Violato Intatto, which made many Best-Of-The-Year lists for critics and fans.

In an exclusive 2019 North American appearance, the re-envisioned quartet brings its acclaimed music to the Storybook stage for the first time since the band's American debut at ProgDay 2012.

------------

IZZ

“Harmony vocals? Yup. Plenty of intricately woven melodies? Check. Music that makes the listener stay through to the end and then hit repeat? Double check. This is one of the most exciting albums I have heard from the States since I first came across Spock's Beard, Glass Hammer, Discipline, Timothy Pure and Iluvatar back in the day. It has that sort of impact, and whatever passage I am listening to, of whatever song, is the best bit.“
    - Kev Rowland, Progarchives

Formed in the 1990s and performing at ProgDay for the first time in 2002, IZZ has become one of the pre-eminent symphonic progressive rock bands in the United States. Playing a mix of classic progressive rock with modern sensibilities, the incorporation of different musical styles combined with the maximum utilization of the band’s four vocalists creates a rich sonic experience that can be emotional and exciting without treading into the darker side of the universe. Taking influences from pop and progressive rock like ELP, Genesis, Renaissance, Yes and The Beatles, IZZ will be performing songs from the new 2019 release, Don’t Panic, alongside favorites from the past.

------------

Join ACCORDO DEI CONTRARI, IZZ and MÖRGLBL at ProgDay 25, the twenty-fifth edition of ProgDay. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 25 will take place on Saturday, August 31, and Sunday, September 1, 2019, at Storybook Farm in the countryside of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music Page (http://progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

Thanks!

Michael

Yay! AdC is great, Izz too.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Sounds good!

Two points about AdC:

A: This is their website: https://accordodeicontrari.wordpress.com/ They haven't updated it for a while, but it's still semi-active. The link you gave isn't.

B: You listed a bass player who has apparently left the band. According to FaceBook and the website, this is their current lineup:

Band Members:
    - Stefano Radaelli (alto & baritone sax)
    - Giovanni Parmeggiani (keyboards)
    - Marco Marzo (guitar)
    - Cristian Franchi (drums)

Hi. Thanks for catching the lineup error. I started working on this year's AdC page by using the old one from their last performance at ProgDay. I thought I had changed out the members, but obviously I did not. I also swapped out the old website. Thanks!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cracking news
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

This is the first time in the 9 years I've been going that I've been very familiar with the first 3 bands announced and love them all. Nice, MB!

I'm in the twilight of my long trip days, but I intend, barring whatever the f**k can happen to old people, to make this one.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Exciting news. I hope I can make it at least for Saturday this year.

Two great bands!!! Might have to make a road trip to North Carolina!!!
    The Prog Corner

Neat
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The ticket window is open, just sayin.
    Patron ticket ordered.
    http://www.progday.net/ProgDay-Tickets.html
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Patron ticket ordered.
    Ordered mine.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Good Evening ~

I shall and I did! Ticket ordered... let the anticipation begin!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Patron ticket ordered.
    Just purchased my patron ticket as well.

Geeze, commitment tendered.

I'll call you once we're into early August to work out specific logistics, LB. I've had a hard year on my body so I don't know if this will be my last one or not.

I really want to feel good enough in 7 weeks to make the trip and think I'll be fine. New meds & one year older have slowed me down some, even since a year ago, but for the first time I actually love 3 bands already announced so it's (for a change), more than just the friends luring me there.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'll call you once we're into early August to work out specific logistics, LB. I've had a hard year on my body so I don't know if this will be my last one or not.

I really want to feel good enough in 7 weeks to make the trip and think I'll be fine. New meds & one year older have slowed me down some, even since a year ago, but for the first time I actually love 3 bands already announced so it's (for a change), more than just the friends luring me there.
    Hope you make it, Steve. Got the Comfort Inn reserved and patron ticket ordered. All I need to do is get the car tuned, cleaned up, and inspected.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Banned
    Ditto, going to be another superb fest. Hope you travel Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Ditto, going to be another superb fest. Hope you travel Steve.
    We'll see you there, Chris. Got reservations at Comfort Inn and tickets ordered. Love to hear Accordo dei Contrari!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    We'll see you there, Chris. Got reservations at Comfort Inn and tickets ordered. Love to hear Accordo dei Contrari!

Mark
    Did that flood last year do any damage where you live.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Not to our property because we're on top of a hill, but some of our neighbors go hammered by overflowing streams (but not by the deluge that wiped out downtown Ellicott City).

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I was at a little woodstock event at a house on Landing Rd. they have a couple times a year. The houses were high but the driveways were a little steep and at the bottom there was probably a steady 8" of water just gushing across the driveways and down the street. All the musicians moved into the garage which had a couple leaks dripping in. Some people when they reached the driveway just turned around and went home. So the one for Labor Day weekend last year and the one on Memorial weekend this year they moved to Clarkesville.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post

Mark
    Sweet!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Sweet!
    Chris
    If we make it I'll save you some crab soup.

I'd like to make my second, maybe my local buddy Ed will make trip

Ed?

I assume Comfort Inn fully booked?

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    I'd like to make my second, maybe my local buddy Ed will make trip

Ed?

I assume Comfort Inn fully booked?
    I'd still call the Comfort to make sure, and there is another hotel (Homewood?) right next door.

BTW, tell Lohrer if a 75 year old vertical cadaver can somehow stumble down to NC, so can he!!

I booked at the Comfort on 7/4 and there were several choices of room types.
    Give it a shot.
    -- Aristotle