Thread: New CD from Mahtrak's keyboardist with special guests from Mahtrak and Univers Zero

New CD from Mahtrak's keyboardist with special guests from Mahtrak and Univers Zero

In case any of you were wondering about what happened to Mahtrak (probably not), I have just released a new CD which is kind of a solo project, but including some very special guests. Here you can find more info about it:

perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com

I play most of the instruments myself, apart from the drums. There is also a guitar solo from Mahtrak guitarist Fred Berlowitz, and a very special participation from Michel Berckmans who plays the main melody from one of the songs on the English Horn.

I hope you enjoy it!
    Perspective Vortex - my new solo project available now at http://perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com
    Mahtrak Progressive Jazz Rock - www.mahtrak.com

COOL!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Thanks for the update, will definitely be checking this out. I really like the Mahtrak album!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by pmrviana View Post
    In case any of you were wondering about what happened to Mahtrak (probably not), I have just released a new CD which is kind of a solo project, but including some very special guests. Here you can find more info about it:

perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com

I play most of the instruments myself, apart from the drums. There is also a guitar solo from Mahtrak guitarist Fred Berlowitz, and a very special participation from Michel Berckmans who plays the main melody from one of the songs on the English Horn.

I hope you enjoy it!
    Excellent! I really, really enjoy the Mahtrak CD and have been looking forward to this CD from you, Paulo!
    My copy of "Out of Order" is due any day...I will post my thoughts after i spin it.

Thanks for the notice!

Just ordered this CD. Sampled it a bit, and it sounds wonderful. First track has a bit of a Canterbury vibe, others go in different directions. Really looking forward to it!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Just ordered this CD. Sampled it a bit, and it sounds wonderful. First track has a bit of a Canterbury vibe, others go in different directions. Really looking forward to it!

Bill
    Thank you so much for that!

And indeed, it does go into all sorts of different directions. When in a band, things tend to be more homogeneous because you need to find a common denominator. But when doing a solo project, I just can't help myself and put everything I like in there... and I do like a lot of different things!
    Perspective Vortex - my new solo project available now at http://perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com
    Mahtrak Progressive Jazz Rock - www.mahtrak.com