Thread: Gentle knife call it a day.

Gentle knife call it a day.

Below is the message from the Facebook page of GK. It was a good band... I am glad I saw their performance last year!

—————

Dear friends!...

After five years of activity, two acclaimed studio albums, ten concerts in Norway and abroad, and being featured on several compilation albums, Gentle Knife have decided to dissolve the band. We have many unfinished ideas and goals, but after less than a year of hiatus, 11 busy people have embraced the fact that we can no longer uphold our activity.

Our two studio albums, Gentle Knife (2015) and Clock Unwound (2017), will still be available through several distributors and on streaming services. Merch will be available until sold out at http://www.gentleknife.com. Questions concerning distribution, radio kits and other requests: Send an e-mail to contactus@gentleknife.com, and we will answer within reasonable time.

Many thanks to everyone who listened, supported, helped, followed and encouraged us, everyone we have had the pleasure of collaborating with, and everyone we met over these past five years. It has been a fun and rewarding journey.

Several of us are active in other projects - follow us where we are!

I heard their last cut was very good.

Clock Unwound was very, very good. The debut LP was pretty sweet too. Bummer!!!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    I heard their last cut was very good.
    The playing was pretty sharp on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    The playing was pretty sharp on that one.
    That one cut, yes, but otherwise they weren't exactly the sharpest in the drawer...

Banned
    Thanks for making some wonderful music that will be enjoyed by many for years to come!

Frankly, I think we’re lucky that a TEN PIECE band lasted long enough these days to make two albums! Nonetheless, they will be missed!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...