Thread: Apollo 11 Soundtrack

Apollo 11 Soundtrack

Sounds interesting, the composer only using technology that was available in 1969, so Moog and Mellotron:

https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2...r-matt-morton/

Very cool
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Nice. According to https://www.mattmortonmusic.com/ there will be a CD-release on June 28th followed by the LP-release on July 19th (the day before the 50th....).

Very cool - makes me look forward to seeing it even more!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

That was way cool. Count me in for a purchase. Modular Moog forever!

I watched the original event live on TV as a sleepy-eyed 8-year old back in 1969. Anyone else here remember doing the same?

I watched the original event live on TV as a sleepy-eyed 8-year old on July 20, 1969. Anyone else here remember doing the same?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post

I watched the original event live on TV as a sleepy-eyed 8-year old on July 20, 1969. Anyone else here remember doing the same?
    I can't remember the details of the actual landing but I remember my parents waking me up and taking me out the TV on the porch at our cottage.

The soundtrack is pretty cool!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Ember

On a snowy old b/w TV in my 3rd floor walkup in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Most of my energy was directed toward scratching out not much of a living playing 12-string in folk groups, but I'd cut my teeth on Heinlein so miss the moon landing? No way!

I'm the same age, and though I remember the event happening I have no specific memories of watching the landing on tv, so I can't wait to see the new doc.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I watched it in our high school library; I guess I was in summer school, or perhaps it was some kind of band/orchestra camp.

We were living in Germany at the time.. I would have been 11 and as I recall my Dad woke us up.. like many here black and white TV..

I was 14 at the time and away at summer camp. The director of the encampment of the older kids rousted us all up from sleep, and we went to the "barn" to watch it. The reception in the valley of East Madison, New Hampshire, wasn't the best on that old black and white TV, but it was history right in front of our eyes. Worth waking in the middle of the night.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Also posted in the "Movies" thread, but applicable here:

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

"This website replays the Apollo 11 mission as it happened, 50 years ago. It consists entirely of historical material, all timed to Ground Elapsed Time — the master mission clock. Footage of Mission Control, film shot by the astronauts, and television broadcasts transmitted from space and the surface of the Moon, have been painstakingly placed to the very moments they were shot during the mission, as has every photograph taken, and every word spoken."

Yes, and I was the same age as you were.