Thread: Big Big Noise interview with Kimara Sajn

Big Big Noise interview with Kimara Sajn

Not too bad, for it's worth. He's a great interviewer. I'm not fond of giving them but this was pleasant. Some of you might be interested

https://www.bigbeautifulnoise.com/ki...bCuXMr9sVKcYH0

Thanks to Lee Henderson for asking me to do it and handling it so nicely.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

^^^^^^

It’s always nice to know motivation and background!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Thanks Steve
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I would correct the title of this thread, if i could - the site is actually called "Big Beautiful Noise" - just for accuracy's sake

That was nice to read. Thank you for sharing!

I really enjoyed this interview, thanks for posting it here, and for the wonderful questions asked by Lee Henderson.
    I found this quote rather humorous, "KS: Polyethylene Pet self-released its first two albums on cassette to an audience of tens for free"(audience of tens is not something I usually read a performing musician quote, but it also pretty much describes crowd response to creative but non commercial music).

Thanks for sharing, and we wish you a continued creative career doing what you love.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

^ ^ ^ ^

I had a friend who was a professional musician in the late 70s into the early 80s.

He played shows and weddings and etc.

Sometimes a friend of his would call and offer him a job.

"Mike! Are you free Wednesday? I got a gig that pays TENS of dollars!"
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

What a great interview, Kim! Thank you for sharing it!

Hey Kim,

What a great interview! I learned a lot and was kind of surprised in some ways--yet it all makes total sense.

All the best my friend,

Alan

P.S. I hope you won't mind my sharing the link on Facebook, as I know some friends (some of who don't visit PE) will be interested too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^

I had a friend who was a professional musician in the late 70s into the early 80s.

He played shows and weddings and etc.

Sometimes a friend of his would call and offer him a job.

"Mike! Are you free Wednesday? I got a gig that pays TENS of dollars!"
    that's funny, and I'll bet he loved every dollar. Plus $10 dollars went a lot farther back then. So tens of dollars would fill the gas tank and feed the dog for the week(and a pack of patchouli incense).
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I keep reading "Big Big Train". However, unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    that's funny, and I'll bet he loved every dollar. Plus $10 dollars went a lot farther back then. So tens of dollars would fill the gas tank and feed the dog for the week(and a pack of patchouli incense).
    I mostly bet he quit being a musician and became a fifth grade teacher......

But it is funny. And sad.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I mostly bet he quit being a musician and became a fifth grade teacher......

But it is funny. And sad.
    Indeed

One gentle bumpity bump...

Thanks, Kimara! Will pay a visit to your site to see what you've been doing lately. You have a wonderful body of work and I'm glad to have much of it on CD.

Thank YOU all. I'm happy to know some of you enjoy what i do. We appreciate it

Make love to me, Kim.

Thanks, you guys. Ricky, you so funny