Thread: Surprise! Going to see McCartney tonight!

Surprise! Going to see McCartney tonight!

My wife reminded me this morning that we have tickets to see McCartney tonight in Dallas. Whoo Hoo! Bucket list checkoff. Anyone else going - or has already gone? Don't worry about spoilers - at least for me. Saw the New Orleans set list and it looks great! Should be a fun time. We have great seats - Row 1 in the stands. Hopefully the storms expected will hold off.

Will it be loud?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Good for you! Wish I could join you. I saw Paul 5 years ago and it was a highlight of my entire concert going experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    My wife reminded me this morning that we have tickets to see McCartney tonight in Dallas. Whoo Hoo! Bucket list checkoff. Anyone else going - or has already gone? Don't worry about spoilers - at least for me. Saw the New Orleans set list and it looks great! Should be a fun time. We have great seats - Row 1 in the stands. Hopefully the storms expected will hold off.

Will it be loud?
    Sounds like a great time, hope you and your wife have a wonderful evening..day'um I can hear Band on the Run blaring in my head as I write this.

I certainly hope Paul's voice is holding up, I was somewhat disappointed in some of the live promo's I'd seen on the release of his latest album. He's been belting it out a long time in large arenas and the voice on those tv shows like Tonight show exhibited signs of it. I hope it was just something temporary cause I love Paul's voice and his music.
    Have fun!!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

The eons are closing
    I have seen Paul twice in the last 10 years, most recently last year in NJ. Enough of all his eras represented.

Excellent sbow(s).
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post

Will it be loud?
    How was the concert?

I saw the "Out There" tour and agree with others.. Paul puts on a tremendous show...

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    How was the concert?
    Yeah, c'mon... Let us know. I'm jealous you got to go. I last saw Paul in 2002 and it was amazing. Particularly fun was watching my (then) 30-something wife transform into a screaming 14-year-old Beatlemaniac.

Paul has been to this part of the midwest twice in the last two years but by the time I heard about the shows all that was available were "resale" tickets for $300+. So, while I love the guy, I don't know if the Beatlemania magic would still have worked on my wife and you gotta draw the line somewhere.

I think Yodel liked the show so much he ran away with the band..now he's Yodel on the Run.(drum hit!!)
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I think Yodel liked the show so much he ran away with the band..now he's Yodel on the Run.(drum hit!!)
    Is he taking Thijs van Leer with him?

Sir Paul turned 77 a few days ago (June 18)

Keep on rockin'
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Killer setlist in Dallas.

38 songs - 22 of them Beatles tunes.

Only three new songs.

Sir Paul. 'Nuf said.
    The Prog Corner

Yeah, It was a killer show. Band was great, music was almost perfect (not too fond of some of his new stuff). My only complaint was the Venue. We paid $400 x2 for tickets... Had crappy seats. The Venue moved the stage 200 feet back from where they advertised it would be. instead of seeing the band, we looked at the back of the sound mixing tent. You could sometimes see Paul through the tent, but no way to see the entire band at once. That's a LOT of money to be 450 feet away. The sound was actually quite good though. And thank goodness they did a good job of producing the video, so you could see Paul and sometimes the band on a couple of 150 foot screens. I like to see the musicians, and of course, Paul, but we saw very little of the backing band.

I cant blame McCartney for any of this. It was clearly either unintentional very bad planning by the venue, or deliberately overcharging for piss poor seats. People who were 20 rows up from us had far superior views, and those seats were about half the cost. We paid for premium and got terrible seats. By the way, Row 1 doesn't mean first row. It means 4th row, because there are a,b and c rows in front of us. standing, of course because they also could not see the stage. There were also a bunch of metal carts on wheels that were parked in front of us and we had to look through them to see the stage as well. Forget any photography because the focus is on the bars of the carts and not the stage...

There were a number of different Douchebags trying as hard as they could to get people to pay attention to them instead of the show. Security had to come and stop them several time during the show, because it was pretty obnoxious.

"Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?"

Great music - hands down best concert musically I ever have been to. McCartney is an amazing music man. His voice was a little hashed, but for 77 he was just amazing. I felt I got more than my moneys worth, in spite of the crap seats and the occasional douchebaggery. Brought me to tears several times when I realized how lucky I was to be there. I'm still humming Beatles Tunes... I will be for some time to come. Loved the brass, all the players were magnificent. We could hear everything so the sound was sufficient.