Thread: Eighteen Hours of Radiohead demos etc. posted on bandcamp

Eighteen Hours of Radiohead demos etc. posted on bandcamp

After hackers threatened to blackmail Radiohead they released the demos

https://www.cnet.com/news/radiohead-...tag=CAD590a51e

Disgusting and tragic.

Part of my work is archiving media for musicians. I have archived complete audio recordings of a handful of artists musical output. Some dating as far back to middle school for these musicians. When I complete a project, I always hand over the newly archived hard drive(s) with explicit instructions/recommendations on how to secure these files.

The backups I have of their work is safely stored on multiple media platforms. I would probably go into hiding if any of these files ever got out via hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Disgusting and tragic.

Part of my work is archiving media for musicians. I have archived complete audio recordings of a handful of artists musical output. Some dating as far back to middle school for these musicians. When I complete a project, I always hand over the newly archived hard drive(s) with explicit instructions/recommendations on how to secure these files.

The backups I have of their work is safely stored on multiple media platforms. I would probably go into hiding if any of these files ever got out via hackers.
    Great to hear you help musicians with the technical side of archiving their work in ways that are as secure as possible. I find this Radiohead story both upsetting and uplifting: upsetting, that hackers would try to hold a band ransom; uplifting at Radiohead's reponse...make it available (I bought it) and donate to a charity that's important to them (and, coincidentally, is to me too, which makes my having spent £18 even more worthwhile).

It's nice when something positive can come from something, well, that's not.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

A fan here … thanks for the H.U.!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Just for people's knowledge, this was never held hostage and a 150,000 ransom was never put up, it's all misunderstanding of the situation perpetuated through clickbait and headlines! Google Doc here explains the true story and it's not nearly as nefarious! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...50WwCcZyo/edit

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    Just for people's knowledge, this was never held hostage and a 150,000 ransom was never put up, it's all misunderstanding of the situation perpetuated through clickbait and headlines! Google Doc here explains the true story and it's not nearly as nefarious! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...50WwCcZyo/edit
    I was aware about that thanks to your message in the other “twin” thread.

Pura vida!.

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    The files were stolen files and were to be sold. That is still disgusting and tragic.