Thread: White Noise "An Electric Storm" at 50

White Noise "An Electric Storm" at 50

Flashback 50 to "An Electric Storm" by White Noise when we talk to founder David Vorhaus and Meat Beat Manifesto's Jack Dangers tonight on Echoes.
    An electric Storm was a seminal album of electronic and progressive rock music and included people like Delia Derbyshire and others from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
    And for the Brits here, there will be a 50th anniversary concert with Vorhaus in Birmingham, UK.
    https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-g0x

Yes, I bought the LP when it came out, then got the CD when it was released. "Here Come The Fleas" is the highlight of the album for me.

One of the most underrated and innovative albums ever, to be filed between Sgt.Pepper and Pet Sounds. Very few people know that Vorhaus (along with Delia Derbyshire) was an electronic music pioneer and designed (and build) his own (and unique) instruments. His Kaleidophon controller was far ahead ot its time. A true genius and visionary musician...

Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 06-11-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    One of the most underrated and innovative albums ever, to be filed between Sgt.Pepper and Pet Sounds.
    not only technically advanced and innovative pushing the envelope
    actually the songwriting is exquisite

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    Flashback 50 to "An Electric Storm" by White Noise when we talk to founder David Vorhaus and Meat Beat Manifesto's Jack Dangers tonight on Echoes.
    An electric Storm was a seminal album of electronic and progressive rock music and included people like Delia Derbyshire and others from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
    And for the Brits here, there will be a 50th anniversary concert with Vorhaus in Birmingham, UK.
    https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-g0x
    Great! By the way, do you know from what swedish film the spoken vocals in ”My game of loving you” are taken from?

Amazing album. Don't listen to it often but it's one of those very special albums that you know is going to blow your mind and reveal more details with every listen. Production is outrageously great.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    One of the most underrated and innovative albums ever, to be filed between Sgt.Pepper and Pet Sounds.
    I sincerely hope you're being facetious.

Unless you found a way to spell "White Noise" or "Vorhaus" starting with a "Bea..." Even Beaver & Krause's great "The Nonesuch Guide to Electronic Music" wouldn't file between the Beach Boys and The Beatles.
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 06-12-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I sincerely hope you're being facetious.

Unless you found a way to spell "White Noise" or "Vorhaus" starting with a "Bea..." Even Beaver & Krause's great "The Nonesuch Guide to Electronic Music" wouldn't file between the Beach Boys and The Beatles.
    No facetious intentions at all , and I didn't meant it alphabetically of course. And (seriously) I rate An Electric Storm at the same level (or maybe higher) than the two aforementioned albums.

Bumping this favorite album's sole thread
    Love it

Everything that Udi said. An Electric Storm hit the bullseye when I first heard it, having bought it at a record fair in the late 80’s based on the cover alone, and has been at the top of my pops ever since.