Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: YES- New- 50th Anni Documentary- Watch It Now...

  1. #1
    Moderator Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,423

    YES- New- 50th Anni Documentary- Watch It Now...

    With special guests Tony Kaye, Trevor Horn and Roger Dean....



    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,057
    Didn't do much for me, most of the history has already been written about or discussed in past interviews.
    Only one I found a bit interesting was Billy Sherwood's bits, because I haven't read much from him.

    I love Yes but I'm not fanatical about them, and I think hardcore fans will enjoy this.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

  3. #3
    Frankly, it reaffirmed my belief that it's time for them to call it a day. They have a fantastic history behind them, but I don't see them doing anything that really continues it. Someone called them a tribute band, which is utterly unfair, but they are definitely living on the past.
    Ring the bells, that still can ring,
    Forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack - a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sussex, England.
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Frankly, it reaffirmed my belief that it's time for them to call it a day. They have a fantastic history behind them, but I don't see them doing anything that really continues it. Someone called them a tribute band, which is utterly unfair, but they are definitely living on the past.
    I would have thought that any and every band of their vintage is living in the past, that's what they do, they play their old classics for the people who want to hear them. If their set comprised just Fly From Here and Heaven & Earth no one would go to see them. I don't think its time for them to call it a day at all, they are still a great live band and I see them every chance I get.

  5. #5
    Hey, knock yourself out; I regret that I didn't see them in their prime (my only Yes show was for the 90125 tour), but I don't begrudge anyone else their fun. And I'm going to see Crim in a couple of months, so what can I say?
    Ring the bells, that still can ring,
    Forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack - a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.

  6. #6
    pet peeve from an editor : this is not a documentary but more of an interview program. no historical footage etc


    I have always loved hearing Trevor and Geoff speak of their pre-fame Yes fandom and dream of ANY ANY ANY ANY Drama footage being somehow discovered. noe that is one of my grails
    2trevorsforlife

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I would have thought that any and every band of their vintage is living in the past, that's what they do, they play their old classics for the people who want to hear them.
    Indeed.

    Most of the band members continue to make new music, even though they don't as/in Yes. The artists aren't living in the past, but they recognise that their audience do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    If their set comprised just Fly From Here and Heaven & Earth no one would go to see them.
    I would...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I don't think its time for them to call it a day at all, they are still a great live band and I see them every chance I get.
    Good reviews from the opening night of the tour.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •