Thread: Streaming Video Issue on PC

Streaming Video Issue on PC

First, let me say that I've seen this issue only with FOX and affiliated channels' (FS1, FS2, etc) streams of their cable broadcasts.

If you've ever streamed a show or movie online, you'll know that when you move the mouse pointer over the video, the player controls come up (play/pause, volume, settings, CC, full screen, etc). Once you stop moving the mouse, the controls disappear after a few seconds.

With Fox's streams, in addition to the player controls appearing, the video darkens slightly. And it stays that way as long as the pointer is over the video. Move it off the video, the controls disappear and the video brightens to normal. That's in windowed mode.

In full screen mode, even after the controls & pointer disappear, the video remains darkened. I've tried moving the pointer to various areas of the window, disabling hardware acceleration for my browser (according to one suggestion I found online) and changing mouse pointer settings, all to no avail.

I discovered a work around, which is to press the Windows button on my keyboard to bring up the taskbar. I press Esc to remove the start menu and then move the pointer over the taskbar. Problem solved. Tell me that isn't strange. The only problem is I'm watching the video with the taskbar visible the whole time. So I made the icons small and reduced the size of the taskbar so the intrusion is minimal.

But still, what is causing this? It has to be Fox's video player, doesn't it? It's really fucking annoying.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    But still, what is causing this? It has to be Fox's video player, doesn't it? It's really fucking annoying.
    It likely is on their end. Or the Deep State.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm sure it was on their end, too, because the problem finally went away a couple days ago.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I'm sure it was on their end, too, because the problem finally went away a couple days ago.
    Ahh, so it WAS the Deep State.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

lol