Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Beatles White Album 50th Anniversary Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    It's nice to respond to an actual point rather than sniveling, humorless, self-righteous, presumptuous attacks on the poster by those who begin and end with ad-hominems rather than making a point at all other than to denigrate others and thereby make themselves feel superior. I am always happy to explain my posts, take constructive criticism and stand corrected no matter how profound the disagreement, misunderstanding or error.

Okay... What?

Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Kinda weird- in years past when Joey Molland was asked about Rundgren coming in to finish Badfingers classic "Straight Up" after George Harrison bailed, he said Rundgren was an arrogant asshole (thats the exact quote, I believe) and the band couldn't stand him. But at least Molland lends some authentic Beatles cred to this tour and by extension Rundgren. Christopher Cross and the guy who replaced Peter Cetera not so much.....

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    This just in... The White Album is awesome and you're not.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Interesting sidenote regarding Dahni Harrison. We have tickets to see Jeff Lynne's ELO in July and Dahni is the opening act.
    oh snap, I'm seeing ELO on June 28th in Tacoma but I have no idea who the warmup is... if its Dahni then, bonus! I'm going with my wife and daughter (my daughter has been a head-over-heels ELO fan since she was little).

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    oh snap, I'm seeing ELO on June 28th in Tacoma but I have no idea who the warmup is... if its Dahni then, bonus! I'm going with my wife and daughter (my daughter has been a head-over-heels ELO fan since she was little).
    That's awesome you're going as a family and it's even better your daughter is a fan.
    We took my daughter to see Genesis on the Invisible Touch tour for her 16th Birthday(she got real presents as well). It was her first major arena show and that part excited her to see a big production, but at the time she was a huge Depeche Mode fan so I think Genesis was a 2 1/2 stars out of 5 for her.

I'm 99% certain Dhani Harrison is the opening act for the tour. He's listed as such on Jeff's ELO website and tour information.

Have fun and let us know what you think, our show is July 7th. I've always been a big fan and it's a band that has been on my wife's bucketlist for years.
    We had tickets for the ZOOM tour but unfortunately they canceled the tour due to low ticket sales.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Dhani is the opening act in Tacoma. I'll be there as well.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    That's awesome you're going as a family and it's even better your daughter is a fan.
    We took my daughter to see Genesis on the Invisible Touch tour for her 16th Birthday(she got real presents as well). It was her first major arena show and that part excited her to see a big production, but at the time she was a huge Depeche Mode fan so I think Genesis was a 2 1/2 stars out of 5 for her.
    That's 2 stars about where I'd rank this tour.

No additional dates have yet to be announced, but this grouping has been added to the "The 70's Rock & Romance Cruise 2020" along with Cheap Trick, America, Todd Rundgren, Jefferson Starship, Ambrosia, Peter Beckett's Player, Rita Coolidge, Stephen Bishop, Pablo Cruise, Don Felder, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Peter Beckett's Player
    I wonder if they'll play "Baby Come Back".

From the Atlantic City show on 9/21
    It was a really fun show. The positioning, as I was facing the stage from left to right was Christopher Cross, Joey Molland, Mickey Dolenz, Jason Scheff , and Todd Rundgren. I was in the 6th row on the right side. There was a small backing band which was the MD (keys, guitar, background vocals), a guitarist that did most of the lead guitar work, drummer, and Gil Assayas who did a fabulous job on keys and filling in for missing instruments like horns and strings. I would give Mickey Dolenz the “Miss Congeniality” award- he sounded great and had a great rapport with the audience. Jason was a workhorse as he was the only bass player and was on the stage for a good portion of the show providing harmony vocals as well. Joey Molland seemed to have a rough start, he was missing cues and botching his guitar parts but it may have just been nerves as he seemed to get better as the night went on. Christopher Cross sounded great, I found his electric wasn’t properly in the mix and he seemed like a bit of a “stuffed shirt” pretty much limiting his stage time to only the times he was singing. Todd was just totally “on fire” sounded great and totally worked the crowd, he did a lot of songs where he was running from one side of the stage to the other. They started with 5 Beatles songs and then did a set where each performer did 2 songs, and then back to the Beatles. They did just about everything on the record, I brought a songlist from the album so I could keep track, the only songs they didn’t do were: Wild Honey Pie, Don’t Pass Me By, Long, Long, Long and (thankfully) Revolution # 9. There was a lot of joking about still working the bugs out- being the first show, at one point Todd said “First show, and we pass the benefits on to you” and another time- Mickey was introducing “Birthday” at the wrong time- he took a lot of ribbing and he said “I TOLD them I needed a bigger font on my set list!”. Todd announced an intermission (by mistake) and then he said- I guess it was short one, maybe they were going to originally take one but were running over on time. Todd changed his clothes 4 or 5 time-started in all black, then came out in all white. Then the Bungallow Bill outfit, then a long sleeve tie die shirt with some running pants. The show ran about 2 hours and 15 minutes
    Setlist:
    Back in the USSR (Mickey- with all on the chorus)
    Dear Prudence (Joey)
    Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me and my Monkey (with Todd on lead-knocking into Mickey the “Monkee)
    Martha My Dear (Christopher)
    Birthday (Mickey)
    Then they did the set where each artist did 2 of their own songs in a row
    Mickey: I’m a Believer, Pleasant Valley Sunday (the only song where he played guitar but probably shouldn’t have- the back up band guy played the leads but Mickey was sloppy on rhythm)
    Joey: Baby Blue (w Todd on harmony vocals), No Matter What
    Jason: "Hard To Say I'm Sorry."(he played keys) and 25 or 6 to 4 (w Todd on rhythm guitar and harmony vocal)
    Todd: I Saw The Light, Hello It’s Me
    Christopher Cross: Sailing and Ride Like the Wind (with Jason on bass and harmony on both)
    Then back to the Beatles set (I may have some of the order mixed but pretty close)
    Savoy Truffle (Joey)
    Honey Pie (Christopher)
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Todd- with Todd on lead guitar)
    Why Don’t We Do It In The Road (Mickey)
    Rocky Racoon (Mickey)
    Blackbird (Christopher-solo acoustic)
    Mother Nature’s Son (Christopher)
    I Will (Christopher)
    Julia (Jason)
    I’m So Tired (Mickey)
    Sexy Sadie (Todd)
    Cry Baby Cry (Joey)
    Piggies (Jason)
    Revolution #1 (Joey)
    Happiness is a Warm Gun (Mickey)
    The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill (Todd- was hilarious, came out in a safari hat, cowboy boots with cammo shorts and vest with a big “super squirter” ran from one side of the stage to the other, blasting the audience while he sang)
    Yer Blues (Mickey)
    Glass Onion (Jason)
    Helter Skelter (Todd- with no guitar, ran a marathon while he belted out the song)
    Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da (all together- Mickey started)
    Goodnight (Joey sang while Todd distributed flowers to the band who then tossed them to the audience) It was endearing with Joey singing- he has a bit of a vulnerable voice- it was a nice way to close.
    That was the end- no encore

Helter Skelter

Me and my Monkey

yikes.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I guess you had to be there.