Thread: Richard Sinclair - RSVP 25th Anny Release

Richard Sinclair - RSVP 25th Anny Release

Wayside Music now has in stock the 25th Anny on CD and 2 Vinyl LP release

Will have to pick this up.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Anyone even remotely interested in Canterbury music, or the singer/songwriter genre with a proggy/jazzy edge, could do far worse than picking up Caravan of Dreams and RSVP. Great singing, melodies, accompaniment, and Richard's trademark subtle and goofy humor.

I bought them at Progman Cometh (2002) and revisit them every year or two with much enjoyment. These have been OOP for a long time so get 'em while you can. I would guess it's a quite limited run.

Is Caravan of Dreams only receiving a vinyl reissue? And, if so, boo.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Anyone even remotely interested in Canterbury music, or the singer/songwriter genre with a proggy/jazzy edge, could do far worse than picking up Caravan of Dreams and RSVP. Great singing, melodies, accompaniment, and Richard's trademark subtle and goofy humor.

I bought them at Progman Cometh (2002) and revisit them every year or two with much enjoyment. These have been OOP for a long time so get 'em while you can. I would guess it's a quite limited run.
    Just listened to this again couple weeks ago. It is really a great album. I especially love the new studio material.

Richard for prime minister.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I paid more for a used copy awhile back. I wasn't disappointed. The album is chock full of beautiful melodies and inventive bass playing and vocalizing. The 12 minute Out Of The Shadows is a stand out!

How would you guys describe this album? For someone who is a fan of Caravan, Hatfield, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    How would you guys describe this album? For someone who is a fan of Caravan, Hatfield, etc?
    yes definitely. it feels a little more on the jazz fusion side of things in terms of the production, but it is very very canterbury

Any European distribution?
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

I ordered the 2018-re-release from the official distributor a couple of weeks ago through discogs (https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/12347378?ev=rb).
    Love the pieces with Kit Watkins!

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    I believe it's released by an Italian label!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    More on the singer/songwriter jazz/rock-fusion side. That's R. Sinclair's thing. But it's got "What's Rattlin'", one of the sweetest tributes - or indeed even anthems! - to the Canterbury scene we could ever hope for.

Other goodies too.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

You heard this one, right?

Last edited by Scrotum Scissor; 06-08-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    The distributor (Zamusica) is located in Italy (Europe). You can order directly from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    The distributor (Zamusica) is located in Italy (Europe). You can order directly from them.
    That's the one I meant. It's the 2018 release as also mentioned in this thread: https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...-Record-Thread