Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Crimson - Heaven & Earth Boxset

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

King Crimson - Heaven & Earth Boxset

For some reason hard to find any discussion of this set here on PE. The release was delayed about about a week, but my copy shipped Friday from Burning Shed. Looking to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    For some reason hard to find any discussion of this set here on PE. The release was delayed about about a week, but my copy shipped Friday from Burning Shed. Looking to this one.
    Looks like a great boxset, do you have the others? I kind of lost interest in King Crimson some years ago. I think the last King Crimson I bought was the Deja Vrooom DVD which both my wife and I really like. I never thought Adrian Belew would be a good fit, but he won me over. Not a fan of the new lineup tho.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I think there was some discussion on the catch-all King Crimson News thread.

I bought it through their US distribution channel, rather than Burning Shed, which means it is still on pre-order. However, I also ordered the the two Mr. Stormy Mondays discs, so maybe my order is held up for volume two of that.

I'm looking forward to this set too. But to be perfactly honest, I have still haven't gotten through the THRAK BOX. Who knows how long it will be before I make it through this. Having all the of ProjeKct work is pretty astounding. I have everything released to CD at this point, but the whole uncurated lot of it... I'm not even sure how to approach it.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Hard to find because the original post was spelled wrong:
    https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...ght-DELUXE-BOX

The eons are closing
    This thread is better. [emoji6]

Mine has shipped too from Burning Shed.

Now i can truly attempt (in my non existent spare time) to fashion a 'greyfolded' style DotT.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    This thread is better. [emoji6]

Mine has shipped too from Burning Shed.

Now i can truly attempt (in my non existent spare time) to fashion a 'greyfolded' style DotT.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Actually, the "Greyfolded" treatment on Deception sounds like a really cool idea...

Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager1976 View Post
    Actually, the "Greyfolded" treatment on Deception sounds like a really cool idea...

indeed it does

post that here please

!
    2trevorsforlife

Pre-ordered mine from DGM, taking advantage of their layaway. Looking forward to it. It is going to take forever to get through all the material on it. I never got the first ProjeKct box, so I couldn't miss out on this one.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

After hemming and hawing for a few years about it, I was just about to finally pull the trigger on getting all of the available P1 shows when this was announced, so I dodged a bullet there.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 06-05-2019 at 02:38 AM.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    indeed it does

post that here please

!
    I have always wanted to try - so given what is hopefully a rather full-ish stack of 'em in the H&E box, maybe now is the moment.

I'm wrapping my review tomorrow; expect a post with the link to it on Saturday. Warning: it's a bigger bear than usual, as I had a lengthy exchange with Pat M about ReConstruKction.

Having received the blu ray advances only 12days ago, and with the total unique content in the box clocking in at around 4.5 DAYS (YES: DAYS), I've had to revise my usual approach, so while I am covering the entirety of the box to the best of my ability (I've had the CD material for 4-6 weeks), I'm focusing on a few specifics. Nevertheless, between the interview footage, the most amount of material squeezed into a Crimson box set yet, and covering the longest timeframe of any Crimson box (11 years), well, there's just a lot to talk about. Still, I hope those of you who tough it out find it useful and/or valuable reading.

And yes, release date was pushed back a week til this Friday. Thank freakin' god!!
    Last edited by jkelman; 06-05-2019 at 01:28 AM.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Are you going to do your usual smoothness test?

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    To me, this is the box to get. I love this era.
    FraKctured (on the MOJO sampler) sounds really different with the new drums. Guitars are mixed differently as well. Kinda cool.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Are you going to do your usual smoothness test?
    He's gonna post it to his account at ProgHub.com. You can subscribe there! [emoji38]

Arrived on the Left Coast Of the USA Today!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Arrived on the Left Coast Of the USA Today!
    Interesting - from Burning Shed? I should have it very soon then since I'm closer than you.

Yes, I'll be doing the smoothness test, this time suspended by four zinc/graphite wires in order to fully assess smoothness with my new Zero-FrictionTM system.

However I'm a little worried they havent gone for the silkier finish they sometimes use.

Interesting - from Burning Shed? I should have it very soon then since I'm closer than you.
    I didn't even realize it was shipping already. I thought it was to be released tomorrow. (Just ordered it myself last night.)

Saw an unboxing video this morning, and while they didn't specifically address the smoothness, it's certainly very glossy.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I thought he was boycotting KC. (I haven't watched this)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I thought he was boycotting KC. (I haven't watched this)
    He does mumble something at the beginning about debating whether he wanted to feature it. Guess he couldn't resist.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

The eons are closing
    Resistance is Futile....and smooth.

Ahhhhh....it is a marvel to Fondle! It's going to take the whole evening to load into iTunes! And yes, I ordered from Burning shed....The Live Steve Hackett and the Strawbs All Access shipped 2 days ago!.....This stuff is traveling across the pond with great expediency! Too Bad Future Publishing (PROG Mag.) can't figure this out....but they have gotten better.

Going to have to wait till next Monday to start listening as SeaProg Starts Tomorrow night!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Mine arrived, but it remains unfondled due to Lord Stanley.

I should try to get Burning Shed to send me a copy all their releases, and explain my special ratings scene.

I received the box yesterday and went from excitement to overwhelmed pretty quickly. Getting this music into my iTunes library is going to be quite a project. The standard CDs are no big deal, but ripping the Blu-Rays and putting everything in what feels like the right order will take some time. I’ve been waiting eagerly to dive into this stuff, but now that it’s time to do it, I think I’m going to kick back and listen for a bit. I ripped “ReconstruKction...” and I’m enjoying it - it seems like a completely different album to me.

The eons are closing
    Mine is scheduled to arrive by 8pm tonight. NNJ area. In fact it says its at my USPS office.