Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: YES RNRHOF Bass Failure

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    As in.

I love the new Knifeworld album. An album is a collection of audio recordings issued as a collection on compact disc (CD), vinyl, audio tape, or another medium. Albums of recorded music were developed in the early 20th century as individual 78-rpm records collected in a bound book resembling a photograph album; this format evolved after 1948 into single vinyl LP records played at ​33 1⁄3 rpm. Vinyl LPs are still issued, though album sales in the 21st-century have mostly focused on CD and MP3 formats. The audio cassette was a format widely used alongside vinyl from the 1970s into the first decade of the 2000s.

An album may be recorded in a recording studio (fixed or mobile), in a concert venue, at home, in the field, or a mix of places. The time frame for completely recording an album varies between a few hours to several years. This process usually requires several takes with different parts recorded separately, and then brought or "mixed" together. Recordings that are done in one take without overdubbing are termed "live", even when done in a studio. Studios are built to absorb sound, eliminating reverberation, so as to assist in mixing different takes; other locations, such as concert venues and some "live rooms", have reverberation, which creates a "live" sound.[1] Recordings, including live, may contain editing, sound effects, voice adjustments, etc. With modern recording technology, musicians can be recorded in separate rooms or at separate times while listening to the other parts using headphones; with each part recorded as a separate track.

Album covers and liner notes are used, and sometimes additional information is provided, such as analysis of the recording, and lyrics or librettos.[2][3] Historically, the term "album" was applied to a collection of various items housed in a book format. In musical usage the word was used for collections of short pieces of printed music from the early nineteenth century.[4] Later, collections of related 78rpm records were bundled in book-like albums[5] (one side of a 78 rpm record could hold only about 3.5 minutes of sound). When long-playing records were introduced, a collection of pieces on a single record was called an album; the word was extended to other recording media such as compact disc, MiniDisc, Compact audio cassette, and digital albums as they were introduced.[6]
    You forgot to state another opinion at the end. To boil it all down your post should look like this:

opinion(s)
    Wiki
    opinion(s)
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    You forgot to state another opinion at the end. To boil it all down your post should look like this:

opinion(s)
    Wiki
    opinion(s)
    This is the correct procedure. Copying and pasting what someone else wrote can fill in the bulk of your post, and do away with the need for that pesky originality.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post

opinion(s)
    Wiki
    opinion(s)
    Got it! Thanks! My life just got so much easier!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Got it! Thanks! My life just got so much easier!
    Shouldn't it be this?

Got it! Thanks! Thank you" is a common expression of gratitude. It also often refers to a thank you letter, a letter written to express appreciation. My life just got so much easier

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

This is THE BEST THREAD EVER!

Thread is a type of yarn but similarly used for sewing. It can be made out of many different materials includong cotton, linen, nylon, and silk.

Now I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Shouldn't it be this?

Got it! Thanks! Thank you" is a common expression of gratitude. It also often refers to a thank you letter, a letter written to express appreciation. My life just got so much easier
    As far as protocol goes, yes, but it is a bit on the sparse side. A few more paragraphs to really beef it up is never a bad thing.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

HOW DOES THIS GET US ANY CLOSER TO RESOLVING WHICH BASS GEDDY SHOULD HAVE USED! hoppin'

The direction this thread has veered to is funny.

(Redirected from Funny)

Humour (British English), also spelt as humor (American English; see spelling differences), is the tendency of experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humours (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), controlled human health and emotion.

People of all ages and cultures respond to humour. Most people are able to experience humour—be amused, smile or laugh at something funny—and thus are considered to have a sense of humour. The hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour would likely find the behaviour inducing it to be inexplicable, strange, or even irrational. Though ultimately decided by personal taste, the extent to which a person finds something humorous depends on a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence and context. For example, young children may favour slapstick such as Punch and Judy puppet shows or the Tom and Jerry cartoons, whose physical nature makes it accessible to them. By contrast, more sophisticated forms of humour such as satire require an understanding of its social meaning and context, and thus tend to appeal to a more mature audience.

In my opinion, this thread is making my laugh
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

So, did Geddy use his fingers or a pick?

(ducks and covers)
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I don't have a problem with Geddy's bass, rick or not, but the boots, he should've been wearing pirate boots like Chris used to wear.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I don't have a problem with Geddy's bass, rick or not, but the boots, he should've been wearing pirate boots like Chris used to wear.
    Agreed. Also note that he did not adopt Chris' accent during the induction ceremony - like, at ALL.

Rest assured, if Geddy had taken the 12 week course "The Sanctity of Yes," none of these faux pas would have happened. If he didn't have time for the full course, he could have at least attended the classes focusing on the section of the syllabus entitled "The Squire Bass Tone."
    Had he gotten that right, even the Spandex would have been acceptable.

Looks a lot like the Geddy Lee signature edition Jazz bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post

<sig out of order>

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    So Geddy was channeling Chris channeling Geddy?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

So Geddy was channeling Chris channeling Geddy?
    I'm thinking they may be the same person.
    <sig out of order>

Did the original poster use the same type of computer keyboard that Squire used? Keyboard keys (buttons) typically have characters engraved or printed on them,[2] and each press of a key typically corresponds to a single written symbol. However, producing some symbols may require pressing and holding several keys simultaneously or in sequence.[3] While most keyboard keys produce letters, numbers or signs (characters), other keys or simultaneous key presses can produce actions or execute computer commands. The Escape key (often abbreviated Esc) "nearly all of the time"[29] signals Stop -[30] QUIT -[31] let me "get out of a dialog"[29] (or pop-up window):[32] LET ME ESCAPE. Using a different computer keyboard would certainly produce a less than flattering result.

Threads like this are exactly the reason why I don't do drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Threads like this are exactly the reason why I don't do drugs.

Threads like this are why I DO drugs!
    2trevorsforlife

Threads like this ARE drugs.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

with threads like this, you don't need drugs.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Friends Don't Let Threads Do Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    OOK, I have to admit that made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    OOK, I have to admit that made me chuckle.

very good indeed!
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I think it's friends don't let friends do threads.