Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPRP features instrumental prog

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Steve, here's what happened yesterday in Oslo. I was supposed to meet my eldest son at 15:00 hrs. but I had to rush down to city center to purchase a pair of new reading glasses come 13:00, and on the way I incidentally dropped into the Big Dipper (vinyl) record store, which sits about 150 yards from the market retailer. On entering, there was Anders Krabberød of Panzerpappa, telling me they'd be performing a release-concert in half-an-hour. I had no idea before then.

"I'll be back", I said. Scwarzenegger notwithstanding.

I went down to Angst, one of the hippest bars in current Oslo at the moment (and accidentally the only place where I've actually heard uKanDanZ played over the speakers), and enjoyed a Brooklyn sour. Best beer in a long while.

And then I returned to hear Pappzi play their brand new stuff, all for free.
    Dang, dude. That is a very cool anecdote. I’m a bit jealous, but also happy that stuff like this still happens — and that you got to experience it. I wish I lived closer to Norway so we could hang out and talk in person. I feel like I’d learn a lot from you.

Cheers, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    All this and healthcare too.
    Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Steve, here's what happened yesterday in Oslo. I was supposed to meet my eldest son at 15:00 hrs. but I had to rush down to city center to purchase a pair of new reading glasses come 13:00, and on the way I incidentally dropped into the Big Dipper (vinyl) record store, which sits about 150 yards from the market retailer. On entering, there was Anders Krabberød of Panzerpappa, telling me they'd be performing a release-concert in half-an-hour. I had no idea before then.

"I'll be back", I said. Scwarzenegger notwithstanding.

I went down to Angst, one of the hippest bars in current Oslo at the moment (and accidentally the only place where I've actually heard uKanDanZ played over the speakers), and enjoyed a Brooklyn sour. Best beer in a long while.

And then I returned to hear Pappzi play their brand new stuff, all for free.
    That story makes me sad. I got to hear a street musician play Freebird yesterday...
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    All this and healthcare too.
    We like it that way in Scandinavia - but remember: you pay about 40-50% in income tax + 25% VAT on everything to finance the way we live. About 70-80 of your income is thus taxes.
    A certain percentage of the population (typically the rich and those who owns their own business), perhaps 30% of the voters are rather unhappy with this. I am not one of them.

VAK- Budo kicks all sorts of ass !
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-