Thread: MoeTar news: Monstrika and Raze the Maze!

MoeTar news: Monstrika and Raze the Maze!

Hey everybody -

Two new bands now exist featuring former members of your favorite prog/pop band MoeTar!

First, there's Monstrika - Dark, heavy, and deeply curious.

Matt Lebofsky (me) - Bass, vocals
    Matthew Heulitt - Guitar, vocals
    Jon Arkin - Drums

Our debut show is in two weeks, opening for ProgEars favorites District 97 and Inner Ear Brigade at the Ivy Room near Berkeley, CA on June 12! Please be there! Please tell your Bay Area friends to be there! I'll post more teasers and likewise on this thread as they come available. Here's the FB show link for that: https://www.facebook.com/events/342977389658023/

And then of course there's Raze the Maze led by Moe and Tar themselves, Moorea and Tarik, with guest appearances by others to fill in all the gaps. They have a new album coming, and just posted their first single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOj_rO7j1hw

Ask me anything!

Cheers,

- Matt

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Good to hear Matt.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Gotta check out the stuff. Loved your MoeTar stuff, so much so that we had Moorea sing on our last album. https://3rdegree.bandcamp.com/track/...ed-consequence

Yes, please keep us updated Matt. Two very interesting projects, indeed.

neil

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Monstrika sounds like something I should hear. Do keep us updated when it comes to release time.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'll be tipping over to The Ivy Room this evening for sure. Winner!

Great show last night! Monstrika shook the place. Matthew did a lot more on guitar in a three piece than I saw with MoeTar. I didn't realize how great Lebofsky
    is on bass, and vocals. It was great to have District 97 come visit our little local bar, The Ivy Room. They were terrific and Leslie was very nice.
    I felt a bit bad for Inner Ear Brigade as most people left after District 97, but it is a week night. They were excellent as well. I saw Moe and Tarak hanging
    and always nice to bump into my almost neighbor, Jamison Smeltz. A fine evening! Thanks to all!

Heard a tune recently and I think anyone that loved MoeTar will love this group as well. Compositional style is the common thread that ties them together, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Great show last night! Monstrika shook the place. Matthew did a lot more on guitar in a three piece than I saw with MoeTar. I didn't realize how great Lebofsky
    is on bass, and vocals. It was great to have District 97 come visit our little local bar, The Ivy Room. They were terrific and Leslie was very nice.
    I felt a bit bad for Inner Ear Brigade as most people left after District 97, but it is a week night. They were excellent as well. I saw Moe and Tarak hanging
    and always nice to bump into my almost neighbor, Jamison Smeltz. A fine evening! Thanks to all!
    Yeah the weeknight last band syndrome is a horrible one and prog events are no exception...actually due to the age of most prog fans, it might be worse.