Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MÖRGLBL Performs at ProgDay 25!

MÖRGLBL Performs at ProgDay 25!

“Often described as Primus meets Steve Vai or The Beatles meet Pantera, Mörglbl’s live performances veer toward the crazy by mixing substantial metal riffs with subtle jazz harmonies, deep pocket grooves, and their trademark goofball humor. “
    - Mörglbl’s Bio

Through a series of acclaimed recordings and extensive international touring, the energetic musical whirlwind called MÖRGLBL has become known all over the world for their unique mash-up of metal, fusion, jazz, and a madcap attitude to the remarkable music they make. Consisting of guitar master Christophe Godin, bassist Ivan Rougny and drummer Aurélien Ouzoulias, the band celebrated it’s 20th anniversary in 2018, but shows no sign of letting up. With a 2019 release entitled The Story Of Scott Rötti, MÖRGLBL returns to the ProgDay stage after eight years to perform tracks from the new album, as well as old favorites.

Join MÖRGLBL at ProgDay 25, the twenty-fifth edition of ProgDay. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 25 will take place on Saturday, August 31, and Sunday, September 1, 2019, at Storybook Farm in the countryside of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music Page (http://progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

Thanks!

Michael
    Last edited by Miciah; 05-28-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Yay! Fun times await.

Great!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

OK, now I'm REALLY hoping that both my long-distance ride from Chicago and my ever-eroding body will allow me to get there. I've seen them 3 times (once at ProgDay & twice in Madison) and have shared several hilarious exchanges with Monsieurs Godin, Rougny & Ouzoulias (mostly Christophe) over the years.

Great choice, Michael!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Most excellent

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent news though I don't think I can go this year. Going to Las Vegas with the wife and fly Monday morning.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 05-28-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I like what I’m reading.

I wonder if they'll do any other Stateside dates besides ProgDay. They played here in Cleveland a few years ago, that was a good show. Enjoyed them at NEARfest too. Maybe I should see if I can arrange to get that weekend off.

Love to hear it. Just booked my room at the Comfort Inn.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Excellent news though I don't think I can go this year. Going to Las Vegas with the wife and fly Monday morning.
    The annual meeting of the Prog Beer Snobs just won't be the same without you, Ian.
    Lou

great first announcement. looking forward to more.
    and hoping i can make it again this year (3 in a row...woo hoo) - but i might need to drop my son off at college that weekend. uncertain still.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    The annual meeting of the Prog Beer Snobs just won't be the same without you, Ian.
    Nor the meeting of Prog Snobs Annon.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Great first announcement, looking forward to more. Might just get us there this year, been a few...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Great news!
    Chad

Indeed! Who will bring us tasty treats from Tree House and Trillium?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    OK, now I'm REALLY hoping that both my long-distance ride from Chicago and my ever-eroding body will allow me to get there.
    Pilot to navigator, please prepare for takeoff per schedule. Perform pre-flight body and instrumentation diagnostics and report readiness for travel.

Have also seen these guys several times. If they are scheduling a brief tour of the states, they will most likely be in Chicago. where I believe they have performed each of there tours.

Quote Originally Posted by zappaeverafter View Post
    Pilot to navigator, please prepare for takeoff per schedule. Perform pre-flight body and instrumentation diagnostics and report readiness for travel.

Have also seen these guys several times. If they are scheduling a brief tour of the states, they will most likely be in Chicago. where I believe they have performed each of there tours.
    Navigator to pilot: 10-4!

Looks like it's at least one more for the old man, Luigi!

Preemptive strike: F**k you Mr. Astley! Some of us age gracefully, and then there's me!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Preemptive strike: F**k you Mr. Astley! Some of us age gracefully, and then there's me!
    Just take a cue from Dave's nephew, Rick: "Never gonna give it up......."

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Just take a cue from Dave's nephew, Rick: "Never gonna give it up......."
    Ha Ha John! but it should be "Never gonna get it up"
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Looks like it's at least one more for the old man, Luigi!
    It'll be Ishmael and Queequeg again for sure, Steve, but this time with two beds.
    Lou

It'll be Ishmael and Queequeg again for sure, Steve, but this time with two beds.

To paraphrase 10CC, "The things we do for prog"!

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post

MÖRGLBL returns to the ProgDay stage after eight years to perform tracks from the new album, as well as old favorites.

Eight years...that doesn't seem possible. Time flies. Seems like just a couple years ago they played the ProgDay preshow at Local 506. That was the show where they finished their set, went out the door at the back of the stage (which leads to the alley behind the venue), ran around the block, came back in the front door and then stood at the back of the audience helping whip up the calls for an encore.

Definitely looking forward to another ProgDay. About a week or so ago my wife asked if she should book a room at the Comfort Inn. Guess we better get that done.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post
    That was the show where they finished their set, went out the door at the back of the stage (which leads to the alley behind the venue), ran around the block, came back in the front door and then stood at the back of the audience helping whip up the calls for an encore.
    I didn't see that and that is a GREAT story!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

another funny Frenchie band story:

When POIL played RIO, there is a pretty good amount of time between acts and everyone was outside talking and drinking and smoking and whatever.

So, to announce themselves, they all stripped down to their bright red bikini briefs and RAN AROUND the entire complex yelling "POIL are going to play now" or something along those lines.

It was pretty great!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

another funny Frenchie band story:

When POIL played RIO, there is a pretty good amount of time between acts and everyone was outside talking and drinking and smoking and whatever.

So, to announce themselves, they all stripped down to their bright red bikini briefs and RAN AROUND the entire complex yelling "POIL are going to play now" or something along those lines.

It was pretty great!!
    And I still sat outside finishing my duck sandwich and beer.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.