Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MÖRGLBL Performs at ProgDay 25!

Day'um, these guys kick some serious ass! listened to the snippets on the site and ....
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    And I still sat outside finishing my duck sandwich and beer.
    They were great, and I am glad I saw them because that's the only time I have seen Poil, but since you have seen them more than once, I would say you did see the most important part of that particular performance!!

p.s. what was going through your head when you saw them race around? "Boy this sure is a tasty sandwich!".... ??
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    p.s. what was going through your head when you saw them race around? "Boy this sure is a tasty sandwich!".... ??
    "Bloody hell they look like a bunch of wankers"
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Day'um, these guys kick some serious ass! listened to the snippets on the site and ....
    Imo Christophe Godin is one of the 5 best guitarists playing (what is?) prog living today. In addition to his amazing ability to compose and both melodically riff AND shred with the best of them, he also is able to sound more like Hendrix than anyone else I've heard.

If they don't play it as part of their set, be sure to yell for "Highway To Hell" as the encore.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    The annual meeting of the Prog Beer Snobs just won't be the same without you, Ian.
    2nd that..

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    OK, now I'm REALLY hoping that both my long-distance ride from Chicago and my ever-eroding body will allow me to get there. I've seen them 3 times (once at ProgDay & twice in Madison) and have shared several hilarious exchanges with Monsieurs Godin, Rougny & Ouzoulias (mostly Christophe) over the years.

Great choice, Michael!
    Hope you can make it Doc..

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    "Bloody hell they look like a bunch of wankers"

I was immediately intrigued.

“ I must see if they rock their instruments as well as they rock their little Speedo’s....”
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Saw them in the Sunday Church slot at NF and a few years later in NYC with I believe Thieves Kitchen? At a small club in Alphabet City...

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Saw them in the Sunday Church slot at NF and a few years later in NYC with I believe Thieves Kitchen? At a small club in Alphabet City...
    That Sunday morning slot by them is still one of the best of all of the NEARfest. I had never heard of them going into it, but became an instant fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That Sunday morning slot by them is still one of the best of all of the NEARfest. I had never heard of them going into it, but became an instant fan.
    Hey Steve, you might have never heard them, but you must have heard "of" them by then. They played the preshow at ProgDay the year before. I think you just forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    Hey Steve, you might have never heard them, but you must have heard "of" them by then. They played the preshow at ProgDay the year before. I think you just forgot.
    Ah good point! I completely forgot that pre-show was prior to their NEARfest performance. The years are all starting to run together.....

Not only misery, but also geriatric confusion loves company (particularly from the pre-geriatric), Steve.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman