Thread: Rob Crow -wow!

Rob Crow -wow!

Damn! I haven't posted here in AGES! I miss the old days from the early 00s. Can I assume the Facebook group isn't as active?

Anyway, discovered this guy via one of his many side projects. He's basically a super-prolific indie musician who dabbles in other genres, including the one I discovered before this song- a metal band called Goblin Cock.

This tune immediately appealed to my "prog wiring". Think- if The Beach Boys collab'ed with Weezer & slapped in some odd time signatures. Very curious to know what you think. (& if you're curious about Goblin Cock, then Definitely check out 2 tunes: "Something Haunted" & "Haint". More odd time sig' fun in a melodic metal, clean vocal setting)

Long time no see!

Yes, I'm familiar with Rob Crow and this album. I knew of Rob Crow primarily from Pinback, which has a similar indie vibe. It doesn't have the edge of Rob's solo stuff, but lots of quality Pinback material is out there...

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

An oldie but goody from the mid-90s.

https://heavyvegetable.bandcamp.com/...ty-and-friends

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Pinback is one of my faves. Melodies for days. When a lot of '00s indie artists were doing the distortion-set-to-kill aesthetic Pinback focused on interwoven melodies. A few of their tunes made the TV show and movie soundtrack circuit. Songs like Glide and Good To Sea just send me. Steven Wilson should be jealous. They even have a killer tune called Prog!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

I am aware of rob Crow but never heared any of his music. I know he is a Cardiacs fan and he played at the Cardiacs convention last year. Anyway the image in the above video reminds me strongly of my avatar pic which is probably the intention.

Need to check his music out I guess.