Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OPETH - "In Cauda Venenum" Fall 2019

OPETH - "In Cauda Venenum" Fall 2019

BIG NEWS! Opeth are pleased to present you with the title and tracklisting for their awaited 13th observation!
    "In Cauda Venenum", is due out this fall on Moderbolaget Records / Nuclear Blast Entertainment.

Recorded last year at Stockholm's Park Studios, In Cauda Venenum will be released in two versions, in both Swedish and English languages. Various physical and digital formats will be available and additional details will be announced in the coming months.

In anticipation of the impending release, OPETH will be performing shows around the world through the end of the year. Dates are and ticketing info can be found here: www.opeth.com/tour-dates or on the "Dates, Tickets' tab on this Facebook page. Additional touring will be announced soon.

In Cauda Venenum Tracklisting:
    1. Livet’s Trädgård / Garden Of Earthly Delights (Intro)
    2. Svekets Prins / Dignity
    3. Hjärtat Vet Vad Handen Gör / Heart In Hand
    4. De Närmast Sörjande / Next Of Kin
    5. Minnets Yta / Lovelorn Crime
    6. Charlatan
    7. Ingen Sanning Är Allas / Universal Truth
    8. Banemannen / The Garroter
    9. Kontinuerlig Drift / Continuum
    10. Allting Tar Slut / All Things Will Pass

The artwork was once more created by the very delicate hands of Seempieces - The Art of Travis Smith
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Very cool cover.

^ I concur. Beautiful and creepy.

Looking forward to hearing the lyrics sung in Swedish.

As long as this isn't an abrupt turn into disco or dance pop, I'm on board
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Im not a great fan of Opeth but only for the Art cover Autobuy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Agreed

Will have to get both language versions

I'd pay extra to hear them do their take on dance pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Jazz fusion this time out...
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Jazz fusion this time out...
    To be honest, that's the one I could see them attempting.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Autobuy: S.O.P.
    They're already building a tour schedule! Cant wait for this!

Definitely in for this.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Last edited by 100423; 05-23-2019 at 02:59 PM.

I remember seeing a few more pics from the recording session on Facebook but do not remember where. Do you have the link or the rest of the pics?

https://www.facebook.com/opethbrasil...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCEMwTGSb5POhJVFMnqytOWh3HkN9RBRIQPtJQM_Dwax6 ZOetx0ZfAIMEOR6WV6Mkw6Ixvnoe1ae04tjG8j6t5WH49PiLlq X3lqs0dRi39XIr6bTX33EfP_h2BYeFI6mvrQCjfHSZ3_Mo_gyZ dC52f9JmzBypmU91-o2t17GNzd0Zru6PASnAKeHuJWqmi8mspSXbYrW3JJagFF9IVwv QHPDPcPz7MrdvnV66U6xt3wCH7g0QVrJhtXx6IPERYV-BDcupz0GuqM8DKKJwRalkxytuhuvfDktTghlwV-CcTafAIbQftmqBvrdrvU-5KghHMWUF8yywKUAur1RxrFfJO1dQ

Any indication if this is a growler ? - Would really appreciate if someone knows...

v

Quote Originally Posted by vmartell View Post
    Any indication if this is a growler ? - Would really appreciate if someone knows...

v
    I would be surprised if there were, he's often said he's done with them, obviously aside from the back catalogue that he realized people really want to still hear! Thank God!

From some things I've seen from people who have (allegedly) heard it, no growls.
    Last edited by 100423; 05-30-2019 at 03:33 PM.

I heard his dog accidentally wandered into the studio so there is definitely going to be some growling on it.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I heard his dog accidentally wandered into the studio so there is definitely going to be some growling on it.
    Even worse, the dog had a stomach ache.
    <sig out of order>

Influenced by:

Actually it might be nice if they got that heavy again.

As much as I like Opeth as a reborn pscyh prog band from the early 70's ala Cressida whom Mike loves, I will always miss the progressive death metal band they were because they kicked ass at it like no other. Full on progressive with a mix of clean and harsh vocals, but I'd be surprised to see them return to the days when that style was their primary focus. I think back to the time I saw them in SF for the Ghost Reveries tour, 2005. That was a bloody great gig playing most of a great new (then) album and all the old stuff from the Deliverance and before days, but I remember at one point between songs Mike saying it was getting harder on his voice to play entire gigs with that many harsh vocals. He is 45 now and would have been 31 then so I don't imagine it has gotten any easier on his aging vocal chords, but I'd like to be wrong! Perhaps Mike just should talk a little less between songs. I haven't seen them live in a few years but Opeth gigs used to also feature the Mike Akerfeldt comedy hour between songs.

Listen to a song like The Moor from 1999's Still Life. That song is literally better to my ears than anything from the still great previous three albums.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    From some things I've seen from people who have (allegedly) heard it, no growls.
    Thnx! - Here's hoping!

v