Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YES - 50 Live released July 19th

YES - 50 Live released July 19th

A new live album coming from Yes:

https://www.musictap.com/2019/05/19/...h-50-live-set/

On July 19, Rhino will help YES celebrate a well-documented 50th Anniversary with the release of 50 Live. The live selections for this new set will be drawn from the US leg of their 50th Anniversary tour, with most of the performance tracks selected from their two-day stint at The Fillmore in Philadelphia on July 20 and 21 in 2018.

YES 50 Live will provide 13 performance songs from across the band’s extensive catalog. 50 Live will be released as a 2CD set, DD, and a 4LP set.

CD1
    01 Close To The Edge
    02 Nine Voices (Longwalker)
    03 Sweet Dreams
    04 Madrigal
    05 We Can Fly From Here, Pt. 1
    06 Soon
    07 Awaken

CD2
    01 Parallels
    02 Excerpt from The Ancient
    03 Yours Is No Disgrace
    04 Excerpt From Georgia’s Song and Mood For A Day
    05 Roundabout
    06 Starship Trooper

Last edited by Dan Roth; 05-20-2019 at 01:01 PM.

This is exciting news, been hoping for a live release of the 50th.
    Pardon my ignorance but what the heck is DD format?
    thanks for posting this news Dan.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I'd guess DD = Digital Download
    τί ἐστιν ὃ μίαν ἔχον φωνὴν τετράπουν καὶ δίπουν καὶ τρίπουν γίνεται;

εἰσί κασίγνηται δισσαὶ, ὠν ἡ μία τίκτει
    τὴν ἑτέραν αὐτὴ δέ τεκοῦσ` ὑπό τὴσδη τεκνούται
    τίς δὲ κασίγνηται δύο;

The eons are closing
    Disc 1 looks good...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
    I'd guess DD = Digital Download
    ah yes, that makes sense, thank you.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

That set list? Yawwwn... Especially D2...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

What will be somewhat notable about this release is that both Moraz and Horn should be on this, provided both "Soon" and "We Can Fly From Here, Pt. 1" are part of the Philly recordings.

Downes playing Awaken is kinda hilarious. Howe needs to disband and go play with JA and Rick.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Love the cover! Yeah, he's pretty much boiled down to doing floating rocks on every cover he does, but the style of this harkens back to the ABWH cover. I wonder if this is an old painting that finally got used? I'm bummed they stopped making DVDs of each tour. I don't care to drive around and just listen to this. I want to SEE it and have it as a memento of the tour I saw. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for some of the deeper tracks from the previous tour, like "Survival," "Going for the One," and "Don't Kill the Whale." Can't complain about getting "Close to the Edge" and "Awaken" instead, though. And hey, floating rocks!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Four LPs? That's not going to be cheap. I'm in. Looking forward to it. I do agree with Sean, that a DVD would have been nice.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

I will buy this, as always, but I expect it will be played once and shelved next to the also-played-one-timers In The Present: Live From Lyon, Like It Is: Yes At The Bristol Hippodrome, Like It Is: At The Mesa Arts Center, and Topographic Drama (Live Across America).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^^^ I hear you regarding most of those previous live packages. I did get quite a bit more mileage from Topographic Drama, though: 6-7 quality listens probably, and I should think some more to come.

But I'm in for this one because I know this tour from several boots and I think overall they sounded really good. They do a great job with CTTE in particular. They give it a more loopy psych vibe (maybe to avoid the precision required to duplicate Rick's parts? who knows?) but it works well.

My only complaint is that a lot more tunes were played on this tour, including in Philly. Does it Really Happen? HOTS. PC. There's plenty of room left over on CD2!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    At least it has Roundabout..

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    Four LPs? That's not going to be cheap.
    List price on the vinyl is $79.98. The 2-CD set is $19.98.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    In The Present: Live From Lyon, Like It Is: Yes At The Bristol Hippodrome, Like It Is: At The Mesa Arts Center, and Topographic Drama (Live Across America).
    I don't own a single one and this won't be any different. Before anyone says 'why post here', well, I'd seen the title online, saw it was on Rhino and was hoping it might be like The Word Is Live, drawing from their whole career. But no.

So there will now be five post-Anderson live albums from this decade, with them mainly playing 70s material. Meanwhile live shows from their actual 70s peak continue to sit on the shelf.

I will buy this, as always, but I expect it will be played once and shelved next to the also-played-one-timers In The Present: Live From Lyon, Like It Is: Yes At The Bristol Hippodrome, Like It Is: At The Mesa Arts Center, and Topographic Drama (Live Across America).
    I pretty much have done the same thing, but having seen the last tour I think they were really playing well, so these cd's will probably get more play.
    I agree with Sean, had hoped for a DVD of the tour.

In comparison the ARW DvD we have watched multiple times.

three photoshop layers.

This is very true, I have to have it but will likely only play once. I usually go for the vinyl too, I'm a sucker for a Roger Dean gatefold!

The burning question is: is there canned audience cheers mixed in?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    What will be somewhat notable about this release is that both Moraz and Horn should be on this, provided both "Soon" and "We Can Fly From Here, Pt. 1" are part of the Philly recordings.
    I like Trevor Horn a lot, but man I hope they let him fix his vocal. He struggled to hit notes and sustaining them when he did hit them was a problem as well.

Anyway, nice floating rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    So there will now be five post-Anderson live albums from this decade, with them mainly playing 70s material. Meanwhile live shows from their actual 70s peak continue to sit on the shelf.
    I haven't bought any of these recent releases either, but I have taken in the tour every time they arrive on these shores. I enjoyed them each and every time, but I just do not need the discs. I used to collect Yes and related avidly, but there comes a time when the shelves grown under the weight and I need to be more discerning.

I bought the awful crowd noise impacted ARW vinyl, because I saw it going cheap in HMV, I played it once but honestly could not bear to give it a second spin.

At least this release has a very nice, if stereotypical Roger Dean painting, which would look great on the vinyl, that ARW sleeve is an embarrassment.

I hate live albums. There, I said it.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    The burning question is: is there canned audience cheers mixed in?
    Seriously, I hope someone connected with Yes got word that everyone HATES that they did that on past releases, and they should not do it with this one, ffs.

In the quiet words of Tony Iommi... "What can you say really?"