Thread: Frost* looking to hire new drummer / Craig Blundell has left

Frost* looking to hire new drummer / Craig Blundell has left

Spotted on Twitter this morning from Frost* ....

Due to Craig's increasing workload, and Frost*'s plans to tour widely over the next couple of years, he has officially left the band with immediate effect.

They are now looking for a replacement.

The band make lots of very pleasant comments & thanks to Craig etc - so all is well on both sides / they all remain good mates.

I hear that Neil Peart's not currently touring, maybe he could step in

If they want to stay with a name prog drummer I wonder what Chris Maitland is up to these days?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    If they want to stay with a name prog drummer I wonder what Chris Maitland is up to these days?
    I love Maitland's work with PT, but I don't think he is quite punchy enough for Frost *

Quote Originally Posted by zzorchering View Post
    Frost*'s plans to tour widely over the next couple of years
    Awesome.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Even if Peart had the desire to work again (right now he's clear he doesn't), after what he's used to playing, Frost* drumming would bore the hell out of him (I know you were kidding about him).

I do own & really like Milliontown BTW, so this isn't intended as a slam at all. It's just the styles of music.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm sure he's busy, but their stuff really popped when they had NDV pounding the skins.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That's too bad, but I'm glad he's busy. Also, I'm glad to hear they'll be touring. I'm very new to the band and have never seen them live. As a side note, I recently ordered Falling Satellites from Laser's Edge. What a surprise for it to arrive on double vinyl WITH a CD! I guess I wasn't paying attention when I placed the order - it was only 11 bucks, so I thought I was just ordering the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Even if Peart had the desire to work again (right now he's clear he doesn't), after what he's used to playing, Frost* drumming would bore the hell out of him (I know you were kidding about him).

I do own & really like Milliontown BTW, so this isn't intended as a slam at all. It's just the styles of music.
    I tend to doubt Peart's ability to play some of Blundell's parts from Falling Satellites convincingly (despite my being a Peart fan from way back).
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager1976 View Post
    I love Maitland's work with PT, but I don't think he is quite punchy enough for Frost *
    Probably true. What about the guy who's been with Pendragon for a while now -- Scott Higham? He kicks some serious butt and seems to be a gun-for-hire these days.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Probably true. What about the guy who's been with Pendragon for a while now -- Scott Higham? He kicks some serious butt and seems to be a gun-for-hire these days.
    Nice suggestion, not sure what he is up to.

Hugo Degenhart comes to mind.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Bill Bruford ! (joking)

Yeah, Scott's fantastic. He hasn't been with Pendragon for at least 4 years now, though. So, maybe he's available.

Nick D'Virgilio played with Frost* on Cruise to the Edge this past February, so I'm sure he's their first pick if he has time for the band. And since Frost* aren't exceptionally active, that might work out just fine.

Nick D'Virgilio would be great...but I loved Andy Edwards, Blundell didn't have the same feel to me. I think Edwards is teaching??