Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New IQ Album for 2019

I grew up listening to Iq. The last human gateway was one of the first prog albums I have ever bought.
    I still think that from that 'new wave of brittish prog rock' bands in the early eighties IQ have aged the best musically. However I got rid of the albums after Subterrenea. They all sound too samey for me. Never heared the road of bones.

When I play IQ it is usually the first two or Subterrenea.

I like when IQ really pull at your heartstrings and for me The Seventh House was the pinnacle for that sort of thing. That said, I will likely buy this album and dutifully dismiss the negative reviews.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Excellent band. Road Of Bones was terrific so color me excited.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I like when IQ really pull at your heartstrings and for me The Seventh House was the pinnacle for that sort of thing. That said, I will likely buy this album and dutifully dismiss the negative reviews.
    feel like Road of Bones got next to no negative reviews...everyone seemed to love it!!
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Auto buy for me without hearing a note. I wish I’d kept my numbered copy of the debut LP now. Everything since then has been auto buy although Nomzamo and Sitting Comfortably gave me a bit of a shock. Ever through to Road of Bones all top notch. Sure you don’t hear a huge change in style or direction but I’d rather have access to those 30 or so great tracks that follow Subterranea. I don’t hear any significant repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    feel like Road of Bones got next to no negative reviews...everyone seemed to love it!!
    Indeed, where as IMHO The Seventh House is the one IQ album that I rarely play because it was the one album on which I thought they were almost plagiarizing themselves. I also never got the reverence most IQ fans have for the title track of that album. Some of IQ's best material indeed tugs at the heartstrings (Headlong, Widow's Peak, Leap Of Faith / Came Down, the emotional rollercoaster that is the entire Subterranea album) but that just felt tired to me.

Needless to say though that a new IQ album is also an auto-buy for me as they have been ever since I discovered them shortly after Ever was released.

Nostalgic about the rawness, darkness and ”punky” attitude on The Wake. What an album!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Nostalgic about the rawness, darkness and ”punky” attitude on The Wake. What an album!
    Yup. They never reached that intensity again.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Anybody a member of the IQ Forum? I see it has been taken down?
    Thanks for pointing that out. It was still available at iq-forum.co.uk but was broken on the main site. Now fixed.

Doesn't get much use anymore, Facebook seems to have taken over....