Thread: Drummer John O.Reilly talks Rainbow, TSO, Wizards of Winter in new interview

Drummer John O.Reilly talks Rainbow, TSO, Wizards of Winter in new interview

I thought some here might have interest in this new interview I did with drummer John O.Reilly. Though he spent 15 years with Trans-Siberian Orchestra and he is now behind the kit for The Wizards of Winter, he spent the 70's playing with J.F. Murphy & Salt, the 80's with Richie Havens and Yoko Ono among others, and the 90's with Blue Oyster Cult and Rainbow...and many many more. A real interesting journeyman drummer with many fascinating stories. We covered a lot of his career and many of his industry stories in this chat:

http://www.musicandartinterviews.com...n-oreilly.html
    Last edited by Dan Roth; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:55 PM.

Good interview, but one error:

Wicked Lester did not change their name to Kiss. Gene and Paul broke up Wicked Lester after their deal with Epic went south, and put a new band together, which is the group we now know as Kiss.

Cool interview, thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Cool interview, thanks for posting!
    Glad you enjoyed! John is a heck of a nice guy - wish we had time to cover his time with Blue Oyster Cult and Joe Lynn Turner as well. I'm looking forward to hearing the new Wizards of Winter album with him on it.

I knew nothing about this guy, but what a fun interview. Stories galore!

I love hearing about these journeyman guys and their brushes with greatness. You can just hear how much they appreciate their careers.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I knew nothing about this guy, but what a fun interview. Stories galore!

I love hearing about these journeyman guys and their brushes with greatness. You can just hear how much they appreciate their careers.
    Glad you enjoyed. John has had such an interesting (and still ongoing) careeer - he is a pleasure to talk with. He himself has written and published a book also, but not about his career - it is a very sobering and pull-no-punches book on making a living as a professional musician.