Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Liquid Tension Experiment Reunion Album?

  1. #1
    Member mnprogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    654

    Liquid Tension Experiment Reunion Album?

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jor...f3m79QlFZqLCpw

    On whether reuniting with former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy on this year's Cruise To The Edge bodes well for the prospect of a LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT reunion:

    Jordan: "Everybody is into it. We all kind of agree that it would be cool. It's more a question of timing. It's a combination of finding the right time to do it. Everybody has got so much on their plate with a list of things that they want to do, have to do. This is something that we want to do, and we will do at some point, but scheduling-wise, that's the complication."

  2. #2
    I'm up for it, but we'll see........

  3. #3
    Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coastal California
    Posts
    769
    Would be fun, I think.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

  4. #4
    Member Since: 3/27/2002 MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Kingdom of YHVH
    Posts
    2,255
    love those 2 albums... hope they make this happen
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ningbo, China
    Posts
    633
    I'd certainly love to hear a new LTE album. I always thought Rudess was far more effective here than he's ever been in DT. Far more interesting compositions than anything DT has done since time immemorial as well.

  6. #6
    I just hope they take enough time to write if they do decide to get together. No question that it could be epic given who's involved. It's all about the timing given how busy they all are.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    I'd certainly love to hear a new LTE album. I always thought Rudess was far more effective here than he's ever been in DT. Far more interesting compositions than anything DT has done since time immemorial as well.
    There's a also a third "sessions" album from the period when John had to temporarily leave because one of his children had been born called Liquid Trio Experiment. Unsurprisingly, Magna Carta released it without the band's consent. I enjoy it, but not as much as the other two studio albums. Of course, the live stuff is even better in my opinion.

  8. #8
    I'd be surprised. Maybe it's just me, but I thought Petrucci disliked Portnoy. Still, time heals all wounds.

    Edit... Apparently Petrucci and Portnoy's families spent New Years together.
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 07-06-2019 at 09:48 AM.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post

    That's kind of been a tradition for the last several years, hasn't it?

  11. #11
    Don't give a crap. The first two releases were nothing but too many notes played too fast.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpyprogfan View Post
    Don't give a crap. The first two releases were nothing but too many notes played too fast.
    Gave enough of a crap to find a thread that hasn't been active in about two months and comment on it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Gave enough of a crap to find a thread that hasn't been active in about two months and comment on it.
    I joined this forum to discuss prog. Good and bad. So far I've received a lot of snarky comments like yours. Hope other members aren't so nasty.

    Didn't know I shouldn't post on a two month old thread. Why don't you stone me to death?

  14. #14
    Grumpyprogfan, what you did is called thread crapping, jumping into a thread (new or old) and taking a dump on the topic, usually something others enjoy. You're obviously free to not like LTE. Even to say so. But you can reasonably expect that, when you say so in a thread of people who love it, some of them will get snarky with you about it.

    After all, a lot of us are old and grumpy too.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

  15. #15
    Member Since: 3/27/2002 MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Kingdom of YHVH
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Gave enough of a crap to find a thread that hasn't been active in about two months and comment on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Grumpyprogfan, what you did is called thread crapping, jumping into a thread (new or old) and taking a dump on the topic, usually something others enjoy. You're obviously free to not like LTE. Even to say so. But you can reasonably expect that, when you say so in a thread of people who love it, some of them will get snarky with you about it.

    After all, a lot of us are old and grumpy too.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

  16. #16
    Member dropforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,615
    "Tumeni Notes"


  17. #17
    Yawn. Great chops, no composition or direction, just a bunch of bits thrown together. I expect more of Morse.

    (Also some of the chord changes remind me absurdly of "Classical Gas".)
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpyprogfan View Post
    I joined this forum to discuss prog. Good and bad. So far I've received a lot of snarky comments like yours. Hope other members aren't so nasty.

    Didn't know I shouldn't post on a two month old thread. Why don't you stone me to death?
    You were hardly "discussing prog".

  19. #19
    Member nosebone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stamford, Ct.
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Yawn. Great chops, no composition or direction, just a bunch of bits thrown together. I expect more of Morse.

    (Also some of the chord changes remind me absurdly of "Classical Gas".)
    Steve's best writing ended with the Dregs imo.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

  20. #20
    Member dropforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Yawn. Great chops, no composition or direction, just a bunch of bits thrown together. I expect more of Morse.

    (Also some of the chord changes remind me absurdly of "Classical Gas".)
    Not a fan of HTW, either. It was more about the jokey title.

  21. #21
    New LTE would be very cool, potentially. I'd certainly give it a listen. They were unbelievably good when I saw them at NearFest years ago.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •