Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dweezil Zappa - Hot Rats fall tour dates

Just saw Dweezil tonight. They were great. Really good set list, too. Just like this one:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dweez...-5b998730.html
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I purchased a ticket earlier tonight for a gig later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Just saw Dweezil tonight. They were great. Really good set list, too. Just like this one:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dweez...-5b998730.html
    To be clear, the track titled Bill Cosby Pudding Blues in this set list appears to be an improv, similar to what they did last night, where Dweezil tells a story and the band acts it out. Although, what we heard was not about Bill Cosby; it was about Chewbacca. Everything else seems to be the same set list.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    To be clear, the track titled Bill Cosby Pudding Blues in this set list appears to be an improv, similar to what they did last night, where Dweezil tells a story and the band acts it out. Although, what we heard was not about Bill Cosby; it was about Chewbacca. Everything else seems to be the same set list.
    That's pretty much the show we got. And, yeah, the story was about Chewie hooking up with a Predator at a strip club.

I looked at the setlist from our show and it's bugging me that the encore isn't right. But I can't fix it, so I'll go to my grave knowing that there was one incorrect thing on the internet.
    Last edited by frinspar; 03-07-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Which means he wasn't too good at soloing over changes?
    Well, that was the whole collaborative thing (e.g., the Crimsons with Bruford). Zappa didn't really do collaboration.
    ... “there’s a million ways to learn” (which there are, by the way), but ironically, there’s a million things to eat, I’m just not sure I want to eat them all. -- Jeff Berlin