Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rush: New Book-Wandering The Face Of The Earth-The Offical Touring History 10/15/2019

Rush: New Book-Wandering The Face Of The Earth-The Offical Touring History 10/15/2019

Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee, and Neil Peart performed together for the first time to an audience of 11,000 people in 1974. Forty years later, their last tour sold over 442,000 tickets. This is the story of everything in between. This is the story of Rush.

Fondly known as the Holy Triumvirate, Rush is one of the top bands to shine through rock-and-roll history. Wandering the Face of the Earth covers Rush’s storied touring career, from their humble beginnings as a Toronto-area bar band playing middle school gymnasiums to their rise as one of the world’s most sought-after live acts, selling out massive arenas around the globe. This book includes every setlist, every opening act, and every noteworthy moment meticulously researched and vetted by the band themselves. Along with spectacular, never-before-seen imagery, this is THE must-have tour compendium for Rush fans.

https://www.amazon.com/Rush-Wanderin...22048248265-21

if you're going to retire- retire!

i bought one of Neil's books and never finished it.

what's with all this activity?

Rush, may not be a band anymore, but they're still in business.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post

Neil retired from drumming, but he didn't write this book.

I'm certain there are many fans (and others) out there that will purchase and enjoy this collection of information.
    It might not be a must-read for me, but it still serves the history.

I dont think we need another Rush book, it has all been documented many times already.

I only have one Rush book so I figure I need this one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I dont think we need another Rush book, it has all been documented many times already.
    Is their a document of their complete touring history? I enjoy viewing tour attendance and stats and comparing them to other tours. I have no idea if this book includes any of that data, but it would be a better book if it were.

Jeeesh. Now we're upset they didnt retire properly? Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Jeeesh. Now we're upset they didnt retire properly? Get over yourselves.
    This place has its share of self-absorbed whiners who think bands exist solely for them.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Does nobody care about the cool little stories while on tour? Thats the best stuff! Bagman!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Is their a document of their complete touring history? I enjoy viewing tour attendance and stats and comparing them to other tours. I have no idea if this book includes any of that data, but it would be a better book if it were.

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourdates.php

That would make a cool book with attendance figures and notes from standout performances.

Got some issues with that list. I saw a show in August 76 and it was still in support of 2112, not ATWS. Also Point Blank opened, which the list failed to note.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Got some issues with that list. I saw a show in August 76 and it was still in support of 2112, not ATWS. Also Point Blank opened, which the list failed to note.
    That's correct. ATWAS wasn't out until the following month.

Yep, I remember buying it on release because I was so amped from seeing the show in August. My one claim to fame when talking with Rush fans is that I got to hear Geddy say "This is side one from our new album, this is 2112".

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    It's ridiculous that we're forced to buy this stuff.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Yep, I remember buying it on release because I was so amped from seeing the show in August. My one claim to fame when talking with Rush fans is that I got to hear Geddy say "This is side one from our new album, this is 2112".
    I saw the 2112 Tour in Ottawa. There might have been 4,000 people in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's ridiculous that we're forced to buy this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    That would make a cool book with attendance figures and notes from standout performances.
    If it's anything like KISS Alive Forever, I'm in.

Any other recs for other Rush books?

Any other recs for other Rush books?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The holy triumvirate are his chins

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I hope it's a coloring book.
    <sig out of order>