Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PE wine dork thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I started a PE Fine Fork Thread yesterday and people thought I was messing around.

I quickly reconsidered....
    this could be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    If I dont like a red wine, I put it aside and use it for sauce.
    I make vinegar out of it
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I just had a 'Francis Ford Coppola' directors cut : pinot noir. Didn't like it. 29$ it says on his website.
    Good for glühwein I would estimate.

Sendt fra min BLA-L29 med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I just had a 'Francis Ford Coppola' directors cut : pinot noir. Didn't like it. 29$ it says on his website.
    Good for glühwein I would estimate.
    I haven't tried that, but I liked his zinfandel, which I found a bit more refined a taste than some of those in-your-face zins we've talked about in this thread. What was it you didn't like about the pinot?

We made glühwein this past Christmas eve, but my wife put too many cloves in it, so the initial few sips were overpowering. We got used to it though. Good thing we (purposely) used a fairly inexpensive bottle.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I haven't tried that, but I liked his zinfandel, which I found a bit more refined a taste than some of those in-your-face zins we've talked about in this thread. What was it you didn't like about the pinot?

We made glühwein this past Christmas eve, but my wife put too many cloves in it, so the initial few sips were overpowering. We got used to it though. Good thing we (purposely) used a fairly inexpensive bottle.
    My son who doesn't like redwine, got it as a gift, and passed it on to me yesterday where it was opened.
    It tasted much better today, but yesterday it was sweet(ish) lacked character, and there was not even a scent of barrel. I suppose it needed air, because we tried again today and found quite okay.

Glühwein in Denmark is called Gløgg, and its slightly different, more spiced (cinnamon, cardamom, cilantro, cloves, galangal etc.), and sometimes with added Rum up to 25% ! Perhaps thats what you wife was going for?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I like Czech wine