Thread: Kinks "To The Bone" circa 1994

Kinks "To The Bone" circa 1994

Any fans? Leave it to The Kinks to make a brillant final "unplugged/live in the studio" 2 LP/CD tour de force as their swan song...largely un-noticed. Deep cuts/acoustic versions alternated with greatest hits- and a couple stadium rockers from the 93/94 tours. Essential along with "The Kink Chronicles".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7inGyVKNCNY

First actual Kinks CD I bought. It did not disappoint.
    Ring the bells, that still can ring,
    Forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack - a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.

I thikn that was around the time I saw them on The Tonight Show, though if I remember correctly, it was just Ray and Dave playing with the house band. They did a song about their sibling rivalry, I think, along with Waterloo Sunset.
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:01 PM.

It was done well. Not my favorite. I understand why it is loved.

Surprised I missed this thread. For me, this was a must-have. Several outstanding performances on this set, particularly "I'm Not Like Everyone Else" and "Days". The former should be the mission statement of anyone with artistic ambitions and the later, with the acapella intro, is just heartbreaking. And Ray pretty much makes clear that "Come Dancing" is a single entendre.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart